TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

F a v o u r

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 4, 2021
    i have been invited to the HSF AC for the summer vacation scheme!!

however, received rejections from both DLA Piper and Willkie. also, has anyone heard back from Sidney Austin? i applied to them a long time ago and haven’t heard anything!
    Congratulations! That's amazing! Can I ask what date your AC is/how long you get to prepare for it?

Flavius Aurelius

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 23, 2022
    Practice by filming yourself in your webcam and get someone to throw questions at you. Allow yourself 1 minute to think and 1 minute to answer. This helps iron out the little flaws you have (not looking at camera etc) + gives you confidence. Well it did for me anyway :)
    Thank you! If I have just 1 minute to answer a question like 'why this firm?' would you recommend going into depth with my answer and giving many reasons? Or is it ok to just give one reason? Cause I often run out of time!

Rina

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    Has anyone heard from Bird&Bird, Mishcon De Reya or Kennedys recently? If so, how long did it take for them to reply?? Still waiting and getting nervous :|
    It’s direct TC but I got a VI invite from Bird&Bird yesterday. Took them 2 days to respond to my app, then just under 3 weeks to respond following WG.

Reactions: BetsyBoard
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.