TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

NbyN

Standard Member
Oct 20, 2022
Linklaters AC tomorrow. It’s my first in-person AC ever so I’m really nervous. I also heard from someone who did it last year that they left their AC in tears, which is reassuring 😂. Does anyone have advice for managing nerves or completing Links’ AC in general? Thanks 😭
Hi! Linklaters was my first AC too. You’re definitely challenged during the case study and expected to know key commercial terms and to apply them to facts but if you keep a level head and give it a go, the interviewers will appreciate it. They really don’t try and catch you out. Good luck and feel free to PM me for any more Qs.

wolfwoman

Star Member
Aug 1, 2022
Linklaters AC tomorrow. It’s my first in-person AC ever so I’m really nervous. I also heard from someone who did it last year that they left their AC in tears, which is reassuring 😂. Does anyone have advice for managing nerves or completing Links’ AC in general? Thanks 😭
Hi can I ask when did they get back to you?

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Hey good luck to your AC tmr! I’ll have mine next week, fingers crossed we will smile when we leave Silk Street!

• Love
Reactions: RB2022

RB2022

Valued Member
Sep 28, 2022
Hi! Linklaters was my first AC too. You’re definitely challenged during the case study and expected to know key commercial terms and to apply them to facts but if you keep a level head and give it a go, the interviewers will appreciate it. They really don’t try and catch you out. Good luck and feel free to PM me for any more Qs.
Thank you so much for your advice! I tend to keep calm and positive during interviews, it's giving substantial/correct answers that I tend to slip up on 😅. I'm currently revising commercial stuff like M&As, etc. Anyway, I'll give it my best and try to finish it with no regrets. 😊

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker, MoFo and Latham have extended their deadlines. I am curious as to why is this happening and what's your opinion.
Thank you in advance
Most likely one of a few reasons:

They don’t have the quality/variety of applications they want. That variety could be anything - an odd ratio of law vs non law, some key universities missing, diversity targets etc. If you have applied and haven’t heard back, it doesn’t mean your application isn’t good enough, it just means collectively they aren’t seeing enough candidates they want.

Someone has realised the date is not practical for a group of people (whether it be internally or externally) and a different date is likely to be better. I changed a date once when I realised it clashed with a major set of LPC exams for instance. I also changed a closing date due to some good news the firm had more widely (increasing TC numbers) that we wanted to put out before we closed as a bit of marketing.

Systems being down at a planned time - if the applicant tracking system is down for maintenance on the date they close, then all hell breaks loose. It’s just easier to move it back a few days if it’s down for 12-24 hours just due to the number of emails/complaints you get if candidates can’t access the system.

lik0401

Legendary Member
  • Oct 30, 2022
    Hi - if anyone has applied for Vinson & Elkins or is applying, please could I have some advice?

You need to address the Cover Letter to their Training Principal - is it still Andrew Nealon? All the information I can find with his name in is from a while back - I want to make sure I put the right person or else I'll be off to a bad start haha.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Seems both have extended their deadlines by several days. Is this just a case of not enough people meeting their benchmark?
    Think it might be an applicant tracking system issue if it’s only a couple of days.

Would be interesting if they use the same system and have moved the dates in a similar way.

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi - if anyone has applied for Vinson & Elkins or is applying, please could I have some advice?

You need to address the Cover Letter to their Training Principal - is it still Andrew Nealon? All the information I can find with his name in is from a while back - I want to make sure I put the right person or else I'll be off to a bad start haha.
    It is seems so but not sure

Reactions: lik0401
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.