TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawpersongirl123

Star Member
Premium Member
Sep 13, 2021
Thank you so much for your advice!! This is super helpful and I definitely feel a little less nervous about going in tomorrow. I’m also worried about the case study as it sounds like you need to have a very high level of commercial awareness to succeed, but I think I’ll be able to do ok as long as I don’t overthink it (as you said!) 😊
No worries! Honestly, I had barely any commercial awareness, i learnt all about equity and debt financing etc but none of it came up. That’s where I went wrong as I kept trying to apply stuff I learnt when there was very obvious things I would’ve pointed out in the document if I hadn’t prepared! Trust your instincts- it’s a document catered to law and non law students and people with zero to some experience. My best piece of advice would be to calm your nerves and be optimistic :)

• Love
Reactions: RB2022
Only put the locations you are actually willing to work in (and beyond the training contract).

I doubt they need to know your GCSEs but if your grades are ok - I would include them any way.

Can I put Manchester and London down as my location preference options, or would that raise suspicions about my loyalty to the regional office?

It won't let me leave the second option blank - I have to pick two locations.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Can I put Manchester and London down as my location preference options, or would that raise suspicions about my loyalty to the regional office?

It won't let me leave the second option blank - I have to pick two locations.
If you have to pick two locations, it is not going to be an issue if you pick two (as every applicant will need to do this). I'd just make sure your first choice is the first one on the list.

sdsou

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 31, 2021
Hey, I notice everyone discussing Latham having extended their VS application dates - could someone please provide a link for the same? I looked online and it still says 1 January and Apply4Law states deadline has passed. Thank you very much!

sdsou

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 31, 2021
Also, could anyone confirm the deadline for WG for Hogan Lovells? The email came on Jan 9 and it says the test must be completed within 3 days of receiving the email.

hopefulfuturelawyer

Premium Member
Apr 27, 2022
Hey, I notice everyone discussing Latham having extended their VS application dates - could someone please provide a link for the same? I looked online and it still says 1 January and Apply4Law states deadline has passed. Thank you very much!
They extended it to the 10th so I don’t think they’re accepting applications anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.