TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
If the error you're worried about is the double confirmation of receipt, I would hold off on emailing as this can happen due to system settings. In any case, even if you were to email the firm of CVMailUK, I'm unsure what that would achieve as even though the emails were sent twice, they confirm receipt so that's not really a problem in itself. If you're still feeling worried, I think the best place to begin is by either mailing grad rec or CvMailUK and asking them if it is normal for you to receive two confirmation emails and whether you need to be concerned about anything.
Hi @AvniD
Just a kind of spin on the question asked - I submitted my application for Mishcon about 2 weeks ago and got a confirmation of receipt email from CVMail but nothing from Mishcon itself. Should I be worried that they haven't got my application?
Just concerned because I submitted an app to RPC and got emails for confirmation of receipt from both CVMail and RPC itself..

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hi @AvniD
Just a kind of spin on the question asked - I submitted my application for Mishcon about 2 weeks ago and got a confirmation of receipt email from CVMail but nothing from Mishcon itself. Should I be worried that they haven't got my application?
Just concerned because I submitted an app to RPC and got emails for confirmation of receipt from both CVMail and RPC itself..
Not all firms send confirmation emails - have others received emails from the firm confirming receipt?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Guys! I am currently working in the UK with my tier 2 visa, and applying to vacation schemes for spring and summer. I am wondering if I can do my vacation scheme with my tier 2 visa (I can take a break from my current job for the VS period), or firms should sponsor me again. I am confused regarding this.
@Jessica Booker Can you help me please?
Thanks.
It is highly unlikely you will be able to work for another employer for a vacation scheme. The following restrictions apply when you are under Skilled Persons Visa

1673887936302.png

Reactions: Uvaia

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I doubt you can do a vacation scheme on your work visa - you generally need to find a job in the sam occupation code or on the job shortage list and even then it's limited to 20 hours per week. Unsure if any firm can/would take the effort to sponsor a separate work visa simply for a vac scheme. I would check the terms and conditions of your employment on gov.uk for detailed info on this. I'd also consider making direct TC applications to bypass the need for a visa/vac scheme.
The other issue is you can only have one visa, and so the Tier 2/Skilled Persons Visa would have to be given up to work under another visa, meaning returning to the main employment would be particularly difficult/costly.

Reactions: Uvaia and AvniD

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Oop I had no idea Cleary had target unis (only got the impression). Is there a source for this?
Oh I'm not certain. Their website just says 'We normally expect candidates to be on course to attain a high 2.1 degree or better from a leading university'. I guess it's up to interpretation as to what a 'leading university' is. They encouraged me to apply with a low 2.1 from Oxbridge, so I guess both 'high 2.1' and 'leading university' are not set in stone.

Reactions: newtothis
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.