TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMA

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2020
FML the whole train operator that I was supposed to be with to travel for my AC tomorrow is cancelling most of the trains. @Jessica Booker Should I just email/call the firm to let them know that I may not be able to make the interview? Would they be understanding?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
FML the whole train operator that I was supposed to be with to travel for my AC tomorrow is cancelling most of the trains. @Jessica Booker Should I just email/call the firm to let them know that I may not be able to make the interview? Would they be understanding?
Is there an alternative route on another provider?

I would explore other options to get there first and if there are no alternatives, then call the firm and explain you cannot travel because of strike action. They will likely change the date or change it to a virtual AC.

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I thought it may have just been my experience, but does anybody else find it easier to get further/offers for vac schemes off of US firms, as opposed to Magic Circle & HSF.

Starting to wonder whether I'm on some sort of magic circle blacklist :eek:

Reactions: Aga123+

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    I thought it may have just been my experience, but does anybody else find it easier to get further/offers for vac schemes off of US firms, as opposed to Magic Circle & HSF.

Starting to wonder whether I'm on some sort of magic circle blacklist :eek:
    Yes but depends on your profile. Magic Circle seem to have slightly different selection “criteria” IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.