TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elsa3.1415

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2021
Hey everyone!

Wondering whether it is acceptable to reach out to a firm and call them for example to ask what is up with my application, in a case where I have heard nothing after submitting the form and it seems like people have already been selected/rejected post ACs etc? Is there any point asking and will it be perceived badly, because wasting their time? What about doing this if I haven't heard back after VI?

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    Does anyone think it is poor form if I email CMS regarding an update about my application?

I completed the Watson Glaser over 25 days ago and would like to know whether I should still be waiting for a VI.

If it helps I can use the caveat that I am only enquiring as I do not want to accept other offers that would clash with the CMS Academy.

Any help would be appreciated!

CallumJR

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 16, 2020
    Does anyone think it is poor form if I email CMS regarding an update about my application?

I completed the Watson Glaser over 25 days ago and would like to know whether I should still be waiting for a VI.

If it helps I can use the caveat that I am only enquiring as I do not want to accept other offers that would clash with the CMS Academy.

Any help would be appreciated!
    I waited almost 2 months post WG to get the VI.

dd13

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2022
    I’m sorry for a dim question but really stuck! What’s an example of an opportunity or current trend affecting law firms at the minute?
    As a trend, I'd say the increasing focus on ESG - it impacts many sectors ranging from transport to energy, to finance etc. Lots of firms are starting to really pick up ESG work and 2023 is predicted to see a huge focus on it.

alexchristos

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 19, 2022
    I’m sorry for a dim question but really stuck! What’s an example of an opportunity or current trend affecting law firms at the minute?
    OpenAI is a really interesting trend to follow imo - you can talk about both sides of whether it's a threat (ChatGPT just passed an MBA exam yesterday so it's getting pretty smart) or a helpful opportunity (it failed that riddle about the 4 children or sm like that and so it is smart to an extent but can't perform a lawyer's role of reading between the lines). Hope this helps!

Reactions: cls33
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.