TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Does anyone have any tips/resources on technical interview questions? Not sure how much of contract/company law I need to be revising 😅

They usually are nothing insane - just basic I think to see how u act under pressure and if u have some memeory and interest in subject
Would love resources on this from a non-law grad perspective ☺️

Reactions: readylawyer1
D

daisy_yawn

They usually are nothing insane - just basic I think to see how u act under pressure and if u have some memeory and interest in subject
Think it depends firm to firm! My Linklaters AC was very technical (don't know if other people's were), my JD one wasn't at all, and my Travers one was in the middle (just required basic commercial knowledge like what is debt financing, and rest of the interview was very conversational). I think some basic M&A knowledge works for most though!

sdsou

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 31, 2021
does anyone know if shoosmiths takes international non-law students (i.e., students who have studied law abroad in their undergraduate degree?) their website seems to focus on english/scottish law but FAQs says they can sponsor international students.

Sarah T

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    No I didn't, did you? I'm just hoping it won't be a surprise on the day or something! But hopefully they won't be that mean
    I saw in the graduate brochure they did psychometric tests after application stage but it didn’t say what they were - I want to apply direct TC so was just asking but if they don’t do psychometric tests I don’t mind.

19vanessat

Feb 23, 2022
    Does anyone know how case studies are graded? I did a typical M&A one at Ashurst but I'm not sure if there's some key criteria - Is there a "correct" answer as to which target should be acquired by the buyer? or does the grading look at how well you justified your choice? (By criteria I mean other than general commercial awareness, structure, analytical ability etc the kind that's on the firm's website)

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Any news from Fieldfisher post online assessment?
    I got an email saying they’d get back to me in 7 days, then another after 6 days saying someone is now reviewing my app and they’ll get back to me within 10-14 days. I think if you haven’t heard, it means you’ve passed the test and gone onto app review ☺️

• ℹ️
    Reactions: ssolicitorz and Sarah T
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.