TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi everyone, I was invited to a telephone interview with Morgan Lewis for their vac scheme. Would really appreciate it if anyone has any tips or experiences to share! Please feel free to PM me.
I got the same, I think that it is competency and application based:)

Aga123+

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2021
    bumping this up, would love to know the same!
    Does anyone has any tips for intray exercises? I've seen lots of people saying that there weren't enough time, any advice on how to split the time? Thank you in advance!

Not sure the type of intray exercise you're doing, but I did an online intray exercise. Here are a few tips that helped me: (I made a separate thread with more tips and helpful websites I used.)

Make sure to read all the documents carefully - sometimes there are many documents to review, so take time to read each slowly and carefully.
    Also, from the onset, organise and prioritise as some tasks will be more urgent and important than others. So remember to complete tasks in order of importance, focusing on work from partners and senior associates (especially supervisors) and relating to clients]. The Eisenhower Matrix can be a useful tool to help you group tasks based on urgency and identify which tasks can be delegated or left undone.

• Love
    Reactions: 8080

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone has any tips for intray exercises? I've seen lots of people saying that there weren't enough time, any advice on how to split the time? Thank you in advance!
    Here are some useful posts. I wouldn’t think about “splitting your time” - you’ll need to think much more fluidly depending on the situation you have been presented with.

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    For those asking about the Slaughter & May interview (still waiting to hear back), it was really chill and less intense than you may think!

Most of my interview was on my studies, modules I picked for university, a discussion on my grades, all that good stuff

As for the article section, it depends on who you get, but the people who interviewed me clearly liked a good back and forth and wanted to pick my brains on certain points I made. I feel like I fumbled that section, so make sure you spend the 20 minutes before the interview wisely

• 🤝
    Reactions: NMA and mdoeslaw

jnice

Distinguished Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Got rejected post-AC from CMS yesterday and honestly taken a bit of a confidence knock from it. I have an AC with Bird & Bird coming up and would really appreciate any advice/tips.
    hey! I wanna first say that you should be proud of yourself b/c you made it to the AC stage! This is an achievement in itself. Look at this as experience for your B&B AC. If you haven’t already, contact grad rec for feedback, and based on that advice, try and focus on areas in which you feel can be improved on. If you have time, try and have a mock interview for more practice. Also search the tcla forums for advice on the B&B AC and try and prep as much as you can. Best of luck!!

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 3, 2022
    Amazing advice, thank you both!
    Not sure the type of intray exercise you're doing, but I did an online intray exercise. Here are a few tips that helped me: (I made a separate thread with more tips and helpful websites I used.)

Make sure to read all the documents carefully - sometimes there are many documents to review, so take time to read each slowly and carefully.
    Also, from the onset, organise and prioritise as some tasks will be more urgent and important than others. So remember to complete tasks in order of importance, focusing on work from partners and senior associates (especially supervisors) and relating to clients]. The Eisenhower Matrix can be a useful tool to help you group tasks based on urgency and identify which tasks can be delegated or left undone.

Here are some useful posts. I wouldn’t think about “splitting your time” - you’ll need to think much more fluidly depending on the situation you have been presented with.

Reactions: Aga123+

axbg

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 5, 2023
    did people who receive Goodwin's interview invite also receive the written case study? Is it going to be there for the Spring vac scheme or not? I am genuinely confused about that!

Reactions: lik0401

CT

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 20, 2018
    Hi, I'm not sure how to approach this TLT application question: "Which of TLT’s 5 values resonates with you most and why?". Do I briefly explain how that value is important to me, and cite an example following STAR approach? Thank you

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.