Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I was rejected by White and Case for their open day, but accepted for their vacation scheme. Firms are weird.
That’s very common. If they think your profile is good enough for a vac scheme, they may pass on the open day knowing there is a good chance you’ll be successful for the bigger opportunity. Isn’t always the case, but many firms or recruiters would take this approach.

gabynosaure

Star Member
  • Aug 27, 2022
    I have a question that might sound stupid but I haven't found a proper answer: If a firm offers you a place on an open day is it fair to say that they consider you a strong candidate for a VS/TC?
    I attended the open day of three firms but got rejected post-app from all three and I am wondering if it solely based on my answers to the questions

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I have a question that might sound stupid but I haven't found a proper answer: If a firm offers you a place on an open day is it fair to say that they consider you a strong candidate for a VS/TC?
    I attended the open day of three firms but got rejected post-app from all three and I am wondering if it solely based on my answers to the questions
    I don't know much about this. But would say that law firms receive more applications for VS applications than for their open days as people would have interacted with them at the Legal Cheek law fair, AS Diversity law fair or spoken to people from the firm on Linkedin. But there are other factors also that their VS application has different questions and your answer to those questions might be weak. These are just a few reasons but anyone correct me if I am wrong as this is my view on this.

saz a

Star Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jun 29, 2020
    Does anyone have any tips for the Addleshaw Goddard AC? I don't know if this has been answered yet- I tried searching the forum without much luck. Please let me know where I can find tips and an idea of what to expect. Thank you!

lawo888

Standard Member
    Feb 3, 2023
    Does anyone have any tips for the Addleshaw Goddard AC? I don't know if this has been answered yet- I tried searching the forum without much luck. Please let me know where I can find tips and an idea of what to expect. Thank you!
    Huge congrats! Please could I ask: Which office is this for? When did you get your invite? When did you do your VI?

Reactions: Sunshinepink
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.