TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosec

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2022
"Thank you for attending your recent Interview and Online Assessment Centre with Ashurst, it was a pleasure to meet you.

We have now concluded all of our Interviews and Online Assessment Centre's and it is our intention to be in touch with you all, no later than Friday 17 February 2023, to provide an update.

In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and look forward to being back in touch soon."

Exact phrasing - when did you email Grad Rec?
damn the fact that a firm can be done w ACs and a lot of ppl haven't even heard back/ had any kind of update...😭 although it might not be it seems a lil unfair

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Hi,

Does anyone know if I can cancel a VS place I have accepted last month if I have now been offered another place for a different firm and the dates clash? How do I go about this situation in the best way possible?

Thank you!!
you are not the first person to do this - its exactly why firms often have a reserve list!

I would reach out to GR of the firm you no longer wish to attend the VS with sooner rather than later with a polite email thanking them for the interest but saying unfortunately your circumstances have changed and you are no longer able to attend the VS so would like to withdraw your acceptance.

Reactions: saph_b

cls33

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 3, 2022
Has anyone tried to ask Bakers Grad Rec for a WG score? Already been invited to the next step but would like to know how well I did out of curiosity as I just got a WG invite from a different firm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.