Status
Not open for further replies.

gw9

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 28, 2022
I've been offered a VS and have an interview with a different firm this week. However, the two firms have nothing in common. I don't know how to approach the question of where else I've applied. I'm worried if I say I have a VS offer with firm A, it will make me look inconsistent because many of the things that attract me to firm B aren't present at firm A. Does anyone have advice on what is best to do?
Even if they differ in terms of the work they do, do they have similar cultures? That's how I've approached this question before, pointing out that they're similarly supportive/collegiate/friendly and then justifying why I want to train in a firm with that kind of culture.

refy

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 19, 2021
I've been offered a VS and have an interview with a different firm this week. However, the two firms have nothing in common. I don't know how to approach the question of where else I've applied. I'm worried if I say I have a VS offer with firm A, it will make me look inconsistent because many of the things that attract me to firm B aren't present at firm A. Does anyone have advice on what is best to do?
Hey! I did a VS with a British firm and I applied for a US firm after and got the offer - when asked, I explained that I was not set on a specific type of firm as I wanted to have a variety of experiences - but what they had that was similar was a small trainee intake and genuinely friendly culture, good PE focus etc, so maybe state differences and any similarities that you like, hope this helps!

Lawyer365

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 29, 2020
    Hey! Got a Stephenson Harwood first-stage interview tomorrow. Anyone got any tips or can share their experience if they have done it before? Thanks a lot, would really appreciate it.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I don't know if anyone is aware of this but BCLP has introduced a new training contract where you can apply for their sector training contracts. Their financial services training contract and their real estate training contract. I don't know much about this application but would love to know more about it if anyone also knows about this.

AlCapone

Star Member
    Jan 23, 2023
    Not sure if this is the best place to post this but this is the most active forum. I'm a non-law student wanting to start a conversion in Sep 2023 at BPP - Should I apply for the SQE or the GDL-LPC route? And does anyone know when the deadlines are for September entry (Can't find information anywhere)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Not sure if this is the best place to post this but this is the most active forum. I'm a non-law student wanting to start a conversion in Sep 2023 at BPP - Should I apply for the SQE or the GDL-LPC route? And does anyone know when the deadlines are for September entry (Can't find information anywhere)
    You can’t undertake the GDL/LPC route. You would have needed to start a GDL by December 2021 to be eligible for the LPC route.

Deadlines will be pretty late - you’ll be able to apply and get on to most courses within a am few weeks of them starting.

Reactions: AlCapone

jomar

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 20, 2022
    @Jessica Booker or anyone else... is Bright Network legit?

I ask because I am am applying to a non-law graduate program at Ofcom/Ofgem/Ofwat/FCA type organisation in the event I don't get a TC and I have one question in particular: the positon I am applying to via Bright Network is not on the organisations website - why would this be?

Non-UK international student here, so haven't had much exposure to it. Any advice appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.