Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker or anyone else... is Bright Network legit?

I ask because I am am applying to a non-law graduate program at Ofcom/Ofgem/Ofwat/FCA type organisation in the event I don't get a TC and I have one question in particular: the positon I am applying to via Bright Network is not on the organisations website - why would this be?

Non-UK international student here, so haven't had much exposure to it. Any advice appreciated.
Yes - they have been running for many years and are well respected by both employers and candidates.

It can be quite common for employers to hold vacancies with a third party. I have done this many times. The third party is managing the recruitment process and therefore the marketing and recruitment process are external to the employer.

traineesolicitor123

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 16, 2022
    A bit of a stranger question,
    Is it normal for partners who interviewed you to not respond to thank you emails

I sent one to them after my AC (it was a generic thank you for your time etc) and did not receive a response or acknowledgement. Is this a bad sign?
    I had a follow-up question to this. Would you recommend emailing partners who interviewed you after your interview or does it seem a little pushy? And how long after the interview is usually a good time to email?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I had a follow-up question to this. Would you recommend emailing partners who interviewed you after your interview or does it seem a little pushy? And how long after the interview is usually a good time to email?
    You don’t have to email. Plenty of people don’t, although plenty of people do at the same time.

My rules are:

1) have they given you their email address or can you easily find it on their website - then go for it. If you can’t find it easily, then don’t.
    2) make sure you send it to everyone who interviewed you. It isn’t great when it is sent to a partner but not the associate/HR person who also interviewed you.

If you are going to email, do it within 48 hours.

LawBrah

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 15, 2023
    Hi everyone, I’m a new member. I just wanted to ask if anyone’s heard back post application for vacation schemes from Farrers, Bates Wells, Wedlake Bell, Linklaters and Boodle Hatfield?
    I haven't heard from Wedlake Bell yet but I think someone on here did hear last week. They said that 'interviews will take place in February' so tbh I've more or less given up hope.

Reactions: Emilia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.