Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Can you help me with this please @Jessica Booker
I was invited to a VI with one firm and didn’t complete it.
For another firm I was invited to a VI and withdrew my application after.
Can I apply to either of these firms for a direct TC this year? I can withdraw my application from first firm still if that helps?
You’ll need to check each firm’s policy on reapplying. It maybe they consider you have applied this cycle, and may only allow one application per cycle even if you have withdrawn/not completed. So worthwhile checking with each firm directly.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker

I got a PFO from Mishcon, but it was really weird because the email was positive in that Grad rec said they enjoyed my application and VI but that there were "limited places". I honestly have no idea how to feel about it. Is this just an auto-generated email?
These types of emails are common but are not auto generated - they will have purposely wanted to say this to you. Take it that you came close and that if you feel you continue to develop your profile/skill set, they are encouraging you to think applying again.

Reactions: Lawstudent**
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.