Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Apologies in advance for this slightly cringy post but I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who helped me through this process - I have received a Direct Training Contract offer from Slaughter and May! Unexpectedly, I received a call from one of the Partners at 8:45pm last night! After rejections, awful WG tests, and being ghosted post-app, I couldn’t be happier with this offer.

As a WOC and someone with no formal legal experience, this is a huge relief. I found the whole process was really enjoyable and the Partners were lovely — while every firm has a reputation, I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly and welcoming they were, so don’t let hearsay dictate where you apply until you’ve experienced the firm yourself!

Wishing all of you the best, I’m sure you will all do great in securing offers. Feel free to PM me if you want any advice RE Slaughters :)
congrats GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.