TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
In a CV-blind interview, is one supposed to avoid referring to their university's name or any identifiable characteristics when talking about themselves/ their experiences?

I have never been told not to and have done it in pretty much every CV blind interview tbh.

It is a pretty flawed system in my eyes, im not oxbridge but easy to slip in (not even intentionally) "at the Cambridge law society" or something like that
I had a CV-blind interview recently and was actively told by grad rec that I could include any info that I wanted. I mentioned my degree subject at some point then went on to explain how this led me to law, but then the interviewers asked which uni I went to etc.

Reactions: sdsou

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
In a CV-blind interview, is one supposed to avoid referring to their university's name or any identifiable characteristics when talking about themselves/ their experiences?
Sometimes questions will be explicit in saying not to disclose this information, but ultimately if nothing has been said you can describe these things.

Reactions: sdsou
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.