TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

LL

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 22, 2021
for virtual AC exercises, is it recommended to take notes on paper or can typing your notes be fine? (e.g. for group and individual exercises)

whats the typical etiquette ?
For mine, they didn’t really mind either.

Worth noting that for individual exercises like case studies, you often have many tabs open since there are a lot of docs to get through, so I find it easier to take notes on paper.

It might be easier to type your notes for group exercises. If you want to hand write them, make sure you are not looking down at your notes a lot, and try to maintain some eye contact.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    3 qs, 90 seconds answering time each. They tend to be competency, commercial and about the role itself
    Hi, what kind of commercial qs do they usually ask? Something like - tell me about a news story you've been following? Or is it potentially about a specific commercial issue - eg: how do rising interest rates impact law firms?

Also, how much prep time do you get for each question?

jess_does_law

Jan 10, 2022
    Hi, what kind of commercial qs do they usually ask? Something like - tell me about a news story you've been following? Or is it potentially about a specific commercial issue - eg: how do rising interest rates impact law firms?

Also, how much prep time do you get for each question?
    Mine was very broad - I can't remember it exactly but something it was about working in a global context (paraphrasing massively sorry, it's been ages and I've still not heard back 😅)

3 questions, 15 seconds to prep, 90 seconds to answer. The global questions came up twice in mine so it's probably a good idea to have a general understanding of how global business issues interact with each other etc. Hopefully that helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
    • 🤝
    Reactions: IT7

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    How much should VI answers differ from the application - especially for questions like why the firm?

And since you only get 1 and a half minutes per answer, how many points should you cover?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.