TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denver

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 20, 2020
I got no vacation scheme this year, i give up. I realised I might actually not be that interested in commercial law. If I want to be a solicitor within another area of law, how does that work? They don’t offer vacation schemes do they?
I don’t know if this helps but I’ve seen Training contract positions at immigration firms and recently I’ve seen some by the uk government (not sure which department tho) (i saw them on LinkedIn and Google).
Also recently read that banks may/ have started offering training contracts.
I don’t know if you are specifically after a vacation scheme but there are loads of different opportunities:)

Law Student

Distinguished Member
Dec 20, 2022
I don’t know if this helps but I’ve seen Training contract positions at immigration firms and recently I’ve seen some by the uk government (not sure which department tho) (i saw them on LinkedIn and Google).
Also recently read that banks may/ have started offering training contracts.
I don’t know if you are specifically after a vacation scheme but there are loads of different opportunities:)
Thank you so much!

Reactions: Denver

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
random but do firms pay for accommodation for vacation schemes or do you fund this yourself
Generally you fund it yourself. Some firms may give you an additional bursary (often means tested too) to partly pay for accommodation, but most firms would argue their salary should cover accommodation (which I know can be difficult for short-term accommodation)

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    Hi guys - has anyone been successful in securing an interview/AC/VS from Goodwin? I'm writing a direct app now and a few of the questions are quite new to me - please let me know if you have any advice!

NA27

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 19, 2020
    Hi everyone - this is more of a general question (and apologies if this has been answered before), but do people have tips for networking with firms outside the context of open days and firm-led events? I am currently in full-time employment with a pretty demanding job and usually struggle to make open days/evening events due to clashes with work. Have people found much success in reaching out to future/current trainees on LinkedIn 'cold'? Any tips on doing this effectively? Thanks a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.