TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Arf1309

Valued Member
Dec 7, 2022
The WG is assessed on the day at the AC. Does there tend to be equal weighting across all the components? ie. if I really mess it up will it discount me altogether?
Hiya, I did an AC with Burges Salmon last year and they said that there is very little weighting on the WG so I wouldn't worry! They will only use it to differentiate between two very similar candidates. On my vac scheme there was a range of scores on the WG so I really wouldn't worry :)

Reactions: BlueMoon

erderlylars

Star Member
Nov 12, 2023
Haven’t heard back post VI…. But I have heard people getting AC invites and people getting rejections so I think if it’s a PFO they do let you know? Maybe they are working through the applicants in chronological order. Did you apply near the deadline? I did!
Has anyone had any success in getting on the wvs for Simmons yet? Or are they still doing more acs etc?

mg1

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 25, 2023
Has anyone had any success in getting on the wvs for Simmons yet? Or are they still doing more acs etc?
I did a linkedin search in general for people that secured WVS and found 2 ppl saying they got Simmons offer last week. During early Nov grad rec said they are still doing more, but the scheme is like 2-3 weeks away now so idk when is their last

E_3919

Star Member
Sep 30, 2022
I did a linkedin search in general for people that secured WVS and found 2 ppl saying they got Simmons offer last week. During early Nov grad rec said they are still doing more, but the scheme is like 2-3 weeks away now so idk when is their last
I saw this too and am also anxiously waiting haha. Do we think those 2 people were a definite yes and they’re just waiting to compare everyone else before deciding on final offers?! Good luck btw :)

• Love
Reactions: mg1

mg1

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 25, 2023
I saw this too and am also anxiously waiting haha. Do we think those 2 people were a definite yes and they’re just waiting to compare everyone else before deciding on final offers?! Good luck btw :)
Thank you, best of luck to you too :) yeah and I think they might have applied and done AC earlier than us? Or maybe their assessors passed on their feedback really quickly cuz I rmb grad rec saying that was a factor too!

• Love
Reactions: E_3919

erderlylars

Star Member
Nov 12, 2023
Thank you, best of luck to you too :) yeah and I think they might have applied and done AC earlier than us? Or maybe their assessors passed on their feedback really quickly cuz I rmb grad rec saying that was a factor too!
Hopefully, my friend who got on the wvs scheme last year said they did run ACs until the end of November so fingers crossed!!

• Love
Reactions: E_3919

ccfuturetraineesolicitor

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2022
dechert pfo post-vi...not surprising given that they have been inviting people to ac but ngl kinda gutted because it is the first firm that i have progressed past written app stage this application cycle

also slightly shocked that they don't give feedback re video interview and written exercise? its hard to know how to improve with these tasks as i feel like a lot of firms use them in their application process now

CallumJR

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
dechert pfo post-vi...not surprising given that they have been inviting people to ac but ngl kinda gutted because it is the first firm that i have progressed past written app stage this application cycle

It is still very early in the process and there are so many great firms that are more than happy to offer you a TC.

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Did you just get the AC invite for the next day!? Or did you have something on that meant you had to do the AC earlier than expected?
    For the next day, I did try to change it because I was on a night shift that evening and had the NRF AC to prepare for throughout those days - but they couldn’t change the date. A little scared of losing the chance - I just agreed.

Reactions: Apple

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.