Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    Dechert pfo too! You know what that means

Directing the sadness to MORE APPLICATIONS

Angry Dragon Ball GIF by BANDAI NAMCO

lawtrainee

Esteemed Member
    Oct 22, 2023
    I’m definitely starting to think we can expect PFOs from TS if we havent heard back by now about our written apps and they’re already offering places for the WVS post-interview.

Time to start writing the application for the summer one lol
    Do you know if we can apply for the summer one if we get rejected from the winter vs?

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Has anyone who has been successful for HSF got advice on the ‘topic of interest’ question? Thanks 😊
    They are assessing your writing style here rather than the topic, so do not feel compelled to write about a legal/commercial topic. The most important thing is to write clearly and succinctly while conveying your passion effectively - and be genuine!! In my second year of university, my application wasn't successful. I wrote about cybersecurity which was not a topic that truly captivated me and I thought that would “impress” them🤣also I had no idea how to write applications.
    This year, I successfully got to the AC by writing on a topic I'm passionate about. I wrote about Hayao Miyazaki's animated films, particularly "Spirited Away," and Japanese animations. So to demonstrate that you can really write about anything as long as you’re passionate about it!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker, I'm (almost) through with my first term of my 1st year at university and am currently applying for open days. Some of the applications ask for a university predicted grade... how should I go about answering this considering we've never sat exams at uni level?
    Have you received any grades for mock papers or anything similar so far? If so, use them as a reference point.

If not, then I wouldn’t worry about it too much and just either say you don’t have any predicted grades or ask your personal tutor (although I’d expect them to say just put down a 2.1).

It’s very common for first years to not have any grades or predicted grades which is why your A-levels (or equivalent) will be looked at more closely alongside the rest of your application.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.