TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

VacayScheme

Distinguished Member
Nov 14, 2023
Hi! Has anybody heard back from DLA regarding the AC invite, but outside of London? I have not seen anybody hearing back for regional offices so just wondering if anyone has heard anything?
I'm also waiting for an AC (hopefully!) after passing the VI a couple weeks ago for the Manchester office. Feels like I'm in DLA purgatory - Fingers crossed we hear soon!

• 🤝
  • Haha
Reactions: lovelaw223 and Sharon Wu

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
To access the assessment, please log back into the apply4law homepage. The deadline for completing the assessment is three days after the application form deadline (London), or three days after submission for non-London vacancies. If you require any adjustments to be made ahead of you taking this assessment, please contact the office you have applied to.

If the deadline for Latham's test was 23:59pm on 10/12/23, would I be right in assuming the deadline would be 23:59pm tomorrow? I feel I may take it earlier in the day not to take any chances but anyone have a concrete idea?

Reactions: sunflowerducks

ADKM

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2022
To access the assessment, please log back into the apply4law homepage. The deadline for completing the assessment is three days after the application form deadline (London), or three days after submission for non-London vacancies. If you require any adjustments to be made ahead of you taking this assessment, please contact the office you have applied to.

If the deadline for Latham's test was 23:59pm on 10/12/23, would I be right in assuming the deadline would be 23:59pm tomorrow? I feel I may take it earlier in the day not to take any chances but anyone have a concrete idea?
Yes, I would think so. I haven’t done the assessment yet, will do it tonight just to be on the safer side. But, if the email says the deadline is three days after the deadline for London, then I think we have time till tomorrow (11:59pm)

Reactions: laby201

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
"With reference to a particular area of law, what do you find to be the most interesting about it? (200 words max) " is there any recommended structure for this kind of question? advice appreciated! @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre and anyone who has any insight from tackling this kind of q? thank you!
Hey @LawEnthus,

I think that what you can do is choosing something you are passionate about and I would start describing the area of law you are talking about, from what kind of issues it looks at, the key stakeholders within the area, and how important is this area of law.

Additionally, the second part of the answer should address why you personally find this area interesting, maybe touching upon the implications it has on society, or the complex legal rules underpinning it etc..

I think that a structure like this might be able to help you fully address the question as a whole.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

That will be correct - 23.59 GMT today.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
This is so weird but I applied for TW and did their test but on my application it says I have not applied for their VS. Anyone else experience this issue with them.
I would email the firm and tell them what happened and if you can you should also include some proof like screenshots so that they can see the issue and that you completed the test.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.