Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
when filling in the work experience section, it it necessary to include ALL work experience we've ever had?
It’s not necessary to do so, but I would only exclude things if you think other work experience supersedes or duplicates the entries you won’t include.

Old entries that may seem less relevant, like part time jobs in retail during your college or university studies, can be really powerful in showing your ability to time manage. However you might want to avoid really short stints in such employment at the same time, especially if you have other similar entries that are for longer periods.

You ultimately get to choose what you include in an application, but I wouldn’t rush into not including jobs. It’s only if you really have lots and lots of jobs over a very long period of time that I think you should be selective.

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
Just about to sit the Latham SJT and was just wondering if someone had a link to Latham's key competencies for reference? Also, do you get a break in-between the SJT and VI? Or is it straight into the VI? Thanks!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.