TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

s2203

Star Member
Mar 28, 2023
You could always try calling grad recruitment, the front desk may transfer you through their switchboard. I find it silly that they aren’t getting back to peopl

You could always try calling grad recruitment, the front desk may transfer you through their switchboard. I find it silly that they aren’t getting back to people about anything.
I highly wouldn't recommend calling, they're busy enough as it is and may think you're being impatient. Just send an email and I'm sure they'll get back to you soon :)

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
I highly wouldn't recommend calling, they're busy enough as it is and may think you're being impatient. Just send an email and I'm sure they'll get back to you soon :)
I disagree. In circumstances where you haven’t heard back for a considerable amount of time - it’s encouraged by grad rec themselves to either phone up or email as per their instructions at events. Grad rec cannot reject your application based off calling. It would be against their policy. It would be unreasonable however to call straight after you submit your application for example.

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022
does anyone know why there's such an influx of candidates this year? this is very speculative but does it have to do with the trash job market at the moment? law is competitive but pretty stable
Just the increased awareness of jobs in the legal sector, I believe. Especially with law firms targeting school students and the new wave of solicitor apprenticeships. The outreach programs, charitable organisations (Aspiring solicitors, upReach, SEO, etc), virtual events, to name a few.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.