TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    When I failed in the past I got told the next day, before I even got the feedback report. I think if you pass the benchmark then they review it and your application together, but you still might not get through to the next stage
    Did you hear back after the test? I took the test and got the feedback report at the beginning of December😫 it’s taking so long
    I’m not too confident anyway because I got “average” for everything lol
    So unless they really like my application, my chances are not too high

Reactions: Sharon Wu

affidavid

Star Member
    Jan 9, 2024
    if you're a non-law final year planning to do PGDL, when should you apply for a TC? I'm just applying for vac schemes rn, but some places automatically put you forward for TC like Kirkland. Can't you just apply for them next round (autumn/winter 2024) while doing the PGDL?

Reactions: axelbeugre

Zi48

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 1, 2022
    Did you hear back after the test? I took the test and got the feedback report at the beginning of December😫 it’s taking so long
    I’m not too confident anyway because I got “average” for everything lol
    So unless they really like my application, my chances are not too high
    I just heard back a couple weeks ago and applied in October, so they might not have got to yours yet!

wannabesheridansmith

Distinguished Member
    Jan 2, 2024
    🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Have my fellow Scots received any updates from any of their applications to Scottish firms/offices so far?

The waiting game kills me so if anyone has any insight of firms up here from grad rec, previous cycles etc. it's all good info

dms21

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 6, 2023
    I shared some tips on this post here so I hope these are helpful: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151489
    Additionally, some more tips regarding the application to the firm have been shared here and I think these are going to be useful to you too:
    Post in thread 'Stephenson Harwood VS 2023-2024'
    https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....phenson-harwood-vs-2023-2024.8264/post-151461

Good luck with the application!
    Thank you Axel! For the key points, would you recommend doing it in points or in paragraphs?

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.