TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
One thing I always do is I listen to how the partner introduces themselves about the practice area/sector they work in if I do not know who is interviewing me before the interview. If I do know, I research them and ask tailored questions again regarding their work. But don’t ask questions for the sake of asking them - if you don’t have an ounce of interest in something, dont ask as this will be disgenious. Hope this helps!
Thank you!

wc

Standard Member
Dec 31, 2021
Hey guys, hope to get some advice. I got an AC for a VS but as I am based outside the UK, I have to fly to the UK and it is very costly. I do not think the firm offers virtual AC due to the format of the AC. I have already accepted the AC invite in-person a while back as I was very eager for the AC. Should I ask if I could do the AC virtually even though I doubt this is an option, and would requesting this now put the firm off? Is it advisable that I fly to the UK for the AC? Thanks.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.