Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I feel like a fraud for getting a vac scheme. Its been less than few weeks since the ac but i cant seem to remember all the stuff i learned for the AC. Feels like i got it by luck and im scared now that ill get exposed for being a fraud and wont be able to convert it. What if i dont know anything and cant do any tasks they set me
What if you excel in tasks and get on really well with everyone?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, has anyone completed the Mayer Brown Job Stimulation (after the initial Situational Strengths Test and Verbal Reasoning Test) and does it require any knowledge on the firm or is it really just skills based? (so I know how to prepare)

@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker What is the best way to perhaps prepare? :)
I wouldn’t expect you to have knowledge about the firm for this assessment, but you may want to look at the firm’s values as these could be weaved into the strengths that they are looking for in the skills based element of the assessment.

Reactions: Sunshinepink

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Hi, has anyone completed the Mayer Brown Job Stimulation (after the initial Situational Strengths Test and Verbal Reasoning Test) and does it require any knowledge on the firm or is it really just skills based? (so I know how to prepare)

@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker What is the best way to perhaps prepare? :)
There are like 5 VI questions in the job sim so I would practice some VI questions. There’s also a short written task but I don’t think you can prepare much for that or the SJT sections

Reactions: Sunshinepink

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.