TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 8, 2019
hi, i would like to ask if it would be an issue that i have not disclosed any information on failing the first sqe1 attempt on my application. if I were lucky enough to secure a tc/vs offer in which they do not allow sqe resits, would they revoke the offer?
If the firm does not request any information about failed exams or SQE re-sits at online application stage no need to. But if they ask at the online application stage or later in the process, I would definitely disclose it. It’ll be up to them to decide how to deal with the information.
If you fail to disclose it and they required you to disclose it at any stage during the process and find out, can definitely revoke any offer made, if they choose to

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hi, i would like to ask if it would be an issue that i have not disclosed any information on failing the first sqe1 attempt on my application. if I were lucky enough to secure a tc/vs offer in which they do not allow sqe resits, would they revoke the offer?
The only time I can see this being an issue is if they have asked on the application form, at interview, or at offer stage and you have not disclosed this.

If they haven’t asked it, then I don’t expect them to retract on this basis.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.