Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    Preparing for the impending pfos

Come At Me Bring It GIF by Game of Thrones

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    Got 88 percentile in Linklaters WG and 34/40 is this good enough to get Linklaters AC and it is the first time I passed WG
    First of all, well done that’s such a good score.

As for the AC - I don’t think it’s just the WGT that gets taken into account. I have seen a few people get 40/40 and still not get invited, so it does seem to take into account other information such as performance on the Capp test and eligibility.

Good luck anyway!!!

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    For anyone who has been following me on the forum over the past 3 years on this forum knows I have always struggled with the WG and it has been my biggest problem.

But for anyone struggling with the Watson Glaser the way I improved my score is -

1) When I was on TCLA Premium I went through the Watson Glaser course by Joe Mallet and when going through it I made notes on how to answer each question and the explanation. For instance When an assumption is made and the assumption mentions easy but the passage mentions time then assumption is not made.

2) Brought assessment day and Job Test Prep both packages and made Watson Glaser my life.

3) I went through the same questions on Job Test Prep and Assessment Day again and again.

4) I recommend the Clifford Chance and other law firm free practise tests as they are really helpful.

A final piece of advice when you are doing the Watson Glaser and if you are nervous in the test it means you have not practised it enough as when you perfect the test then you won't be nervous.

Finally sorry if I mentioned something that was against TCLA guidline rules. I hope this helps others overcome their fear of the Watson Glaser.

ccfuturetraineesolicitor

Distinguished Member
    Feb 16, 2022
    Hey everyone! Did Dechert VI 2 weeks ago and have yet to hear back. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear back regarding the outcome (rejection or progress)?
    I think a lot of people on the forum are in the same boat. Someone mentioned that they know people who are doing an AC today. not sure if this is the first AC slot but the general consensus is that no one post-VI on the forum has heard back yet. Hopefully there will be good news soon!
    (I’m assuming you’re asking about the wvs)

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.