TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Yusuf391

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 1, 2023
Has anyone heard back from Taylor Wessing post-test?

Also, what did people think of the test? I just did it and was not a fan.

Same here, the test was so difficult. The evaluation of argument section was particularly confusing with so many different options like strong, fairly strong, quite strong etc.

Happycloud100

Distinguished Member
Jan 8, 2024
I don’t know the firm, but understand the policy more generally. It’s difficult to measure what is a significant development, as it’s not measured by one thing. However, I think you as a candidate have to feel you are a very different candidate now compared to the last time you applied through the things you have done or achieved. You shouldn’t be rushing to reapply if you just feel you might get a little luckier with the process this time around.
Hi Jessica, wondering if you could please help me navigate this :Is it worth emailing Akin if I did the test 2nd Jan and haven’t heard back? I don’t want to be pushy but I have another summer offer. Akin is my first choice so :/ would love to hear back before accepting. Could someone help me with what’s a nice way to word this email please.

ADKM

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2022
Is anyone still waiting on Reed Smith post-app? Applied on the 27th.
I am too, however I applied on 7 January. cant even say with surety if they’re going to send anymore VI/test invites considering they’re rolling. It’s so difficult to even second guess the timelines of rolling deadlines. I’m just hoping we get to hear back with positive news soon or id much rather prefer to be pfo-ed rather than being kept in the dark

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica, wondering if you could please help me navigate this :Is it worth emailing Akin if I did the test 2nd Jan and haven’t heard back? I don’t want to be pushy but I have another summer offer. Akin is my first choice so :/ would love to hear back before accepting. Could someone help me with what’s a nice way to word this email please.
As you have got another offer, I think it is fine for you to do this. Explain to them this is the only reason why you are asking for an update so soon, because you’d be keen to understand whether there is a possibility to progress with them before confirming to the firm you have an offer with. Be mindful the HR team might just say you can always renege the other offer and that you’ll need to wait/be patient - but no harm in at least asking where you have another offer.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.