TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

ljms

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2024
What motivates you? Please support this with an example of where you demonstrated your drive and motivation.

Would it be a bad move to provide more than one example since the question specifies an example? @Jessica Booker

Both examples I have given are closely related to one another.

Heartofglass

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2023
For those, without Latham AC can we assume PFO, given it seems majority have been given for both spring and summer? Also can someone confirm when these ACs are?
I think only those who applied for spring got AC invites. I applied for summer but haven't got anything besides an email thanking me for my patience and said that they would get back to me by the end of the month

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What motivates you? Please support this with an example of where you demonstrated your drive and motivation.

Would it be a bad move to provide more than one example since the question specifies an example? @Jessica Booker

Both examples I have given are closely related to one another.
I would try and give the best example of the two given they are asking you to explain one. You could frame it in a way that identifies both briefly but then only detail one. eg:

During X and Y I demonstrated my drive. Specifically for Y, I was motivated by A, which led to……

Reactions: Sharon Wu

PlimptonWeld

Star Member
Jul 13, 2022
When did your friend receive the PFO?is it post- WG?i know a quite few people haven‘t got any response after WG
Maybe. I don't know - I need to ask him. I'm non-law, so maybe that's why I'm on a different timescale? My other law friend has got an AC invite and he applied a few days before the deadline like me. Hopefully, I'm in consideration for a later batch of ACs...

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Maybe. I don't know - I need to ask him. I'm non-law, so maybe that's why I'm on a different timescale? My other law friend has got an AC invite and he applied a few days before the deadline like me. Hopefully, I'm in consideration for a later batch of ACs...
    I think most of the firms do not separate law or non-law,the only firm i know is Slaughter (they run separate scheme for non-law

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Currently doing my Travers Smith cover letter. Is 900 words too much or is it ok? I’m trying to cut it down but I feel like I’m removing important things.
    I think as long as those 900 words have a clear structure to them and are written well, it doesn't really matter how long it is. I think anything above 1,000 and I'd definitely look to be cutting down, but I feel 900 is fine.

Reactions: izzy1036

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.