TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Cynthia14

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    @axelbeugre Hi! I appreciate some tips about the question "Choose one of our clients and explain a challenge they are currently facing. What could the organisation do to overcome this challenge and how could we assist? " Do I need to choose a specific company to response this question? Thanks!

Reactions: axelbeugre

cattlawapps324

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 4, 2024
    I use it through my law school information but yeah we cannot access everything the platform has to offer but the things that you can access are still quite interesting but if your university does not allow you to use it then it is not necessary. As I said, I never paid for any website and I was fine so do not worry about using it if you cannot.
    ok thanks!! :)

Reactions: axelbeugre

marrr

Dec 16, 2022
    Hiya, I can’t give you Mischon specific but I can give you some advice for VI (I did one for Eversheds and got the VS).

1. Practice recording and speaking into a camera, it came feel so weird but it helps to practice speaking to the camera.

2. Have a table with the firms values and different examples that you could use which reflect these values

3. Be direct, if the Q says tell us about you did x, y and z. Say I was able to do xyz by doing this and then end the question by saying that’s how I did that

Good luck!!
    Thank you so much! Very appreciated.

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    Linklaters PFO post AC.. I have another AC tomorrow but got the call today and I'm feeling so gutted I can't think straight. How do I let this PFO go and focus on my next AC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, am feeling quite disheartened right now. 😥
    Latham PFO post AC and feeling the same way. Genuinely thought it went well and was feeling positive about it.

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 23, 2023
    I'm not sure if that's true. I studied at a non-russell group uni and got the WG invitation. I also been invited to their open day in Nov.
    I never said they hire exclusively from Oxbridge, I said they prioritise Oxbridge graduates/students.

Well done for the WG maybe they have started considering apps holistically. But their previous trainees cohort are composed of at least half Oxbridge.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.