TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hey any clue on how long it takes to hear back fron GD after the second round interview ?
Last year I heard an hour after the interview but I am noticing that they are taking a little bit more now so I would say a couple of days to a week. Alternatively, you might want to email them if a long time has passed to just ask for an update.

Reactions: Jaysen

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
I think you are preparing well for it and you are trying to cover all the questions that might come up which is not a bad thing so very well done!

I shared some tips on video interviews in general which might be helpful: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/how-to-prepare-for-a-law-firm-video-interview-a-step-by-step-guide-⭐️.8346/ and https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151491

Congratulations on obtaining the video interview and good luck with the assessment!!
@lawgurl90 @law2022x these tips might be helpful to you too for tackling the video interviews you have!

Congratulations in obtaining them and good luck with them!

TonyStark

Jan 12, 2024
Hi @axelbeugre @Jessica Booker this is my first application cycle and I’m trying to get on the front foot by preparing for assessment centres even though I don’t have any currently lined up (yet!). Do you have any tips or can point me to any information on how to prepare for competency based interviews and how to build up my commercial awareness for article review/case study exercises?

Appreciate the support and hope you don’t mind the tag!

Reactions: axelbeugre

Petallove1

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2023
Can someone please tell me if I am being inefficient but I have just made a list (it's still growing thicccc) and I have like 50 questions the CRS VI could include. Then, I have to draft rough responses that I know won't take me longer than 60-90 seconds to say. I will be honest usually I wing interviews and hope for the best so I don't know if I am preparing properly for once 💀 or overdoing it.

Any thoughts/ tips? xx

Hope you don't mind me tagging you @axelbeugre :)
I’ve done this for Mishcon Vi and am genuinely losing sleep over not finishing prep before having to do the VI 💀

• 🤝
Reactions: Miss Chocolate

s9111

Distinguished Member
Aug 17, 2023
Just received the NRF artic shores assessment after submitting my Summer VS application on Sunday. Is this test automatic, or does it mean that I have been shortlisted to the next stage of the application process?

EllaClayton

Valued Member
Jan 23, 2023
Just wondering what people’s thoughts are, I’m pending post app for two firms where the majority of applications seem to be PFOd or progressed to VI/assessment. As I’ve been neither, do we reckon I’m on hold until they go through the next stage results and decide whether to progress me or not? It’s my first cycle so I’m unsure of what my odds are as I seem to be one of the only people on the forum without any news for these firms!

law2022x

Legendary Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hey any clue on how long it takes to hear back fron GD after the second round interview ?
Hi, so I would say in previous years they would get back same day if they were making an offer, that was my experience and a few others but as Axel says this year they are a bit slower and not doing that so please do take what I say with a grain of salt. Patterns from previous years aren’t a good way to judge grad rec because teams could have changed etc. and it’s really not a PFO until it is. If you have been waiting more than two weeks I’d think they have kept you on hold maybe because for me they rejected by 2nd week

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
No not yet - have noticed that if you press "print" it does show part of your application (work experience/grades etc) but I'm quite certain there were a few questions for which we had to provide written responses to as well (unless I'm imagining this)
No, I didn't notice that ... I do think there were questions on the form (I can't remember though as it's been a while). Either way, I've emailed gr to see if they can help me access the full application

Pretty sure Pinsent Masons didn't have any written questions in the app

• 🤝
Reactions: Legalstalker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.