TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

s9111

Distinguished Member
Aug 17, 2023
next stage. got one too :)
I don’t think so. Website states if you meet the minimum benchmark for the online tests, your application gets screened for the VI. So I’m assuming the test is automatic.

Ah, seems to be some ambiguity here but I’ll assume it is automatic, based on the website. Thanks all, and best of luck with it

Last edited:

yeezyee

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2023
for those who got a debevoise open day - did it allow you to book a day or were you allocated a certain day? Not sure if they are sending out open invites day by day maybe?
they had an option for three days, and you had to rank the order you wanted them in. then they said they’d allocate us one by the 12th and they were limited to 30 people maximum per day so couldn’t guarantee our first choice. i hope that helps x

Reactions: Sharon Wu

F a v o u r

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 4, 2021

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    When answering "why x firm" in an AC interview

Is there any point in me saying the practice area as they will follow up asking me what practice area am I interested in anyway?

Instead should I briefly speak about the awards won within the sector of the practice area i like and the firm overall and why they stood out to me in wanting to apply over their competitors? Then reference this point again when they ask about my interest in a practice area and include a deal and how this deal is important to me?

Are these points too broad and not very specific to the firm?

@Jessica Booker @axelbeugre

Reactions: axelbeugre

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.