TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2026-27

Hey, for your CV, did you provide a full breakdown of all your module grades?
I was on DLA’s waitlist last year with only two marks or so off what they required. The CV is just a standard IB/Consulting CV so it’s just your a levls broken down with your maths and science and English gcse just before. The uni bit you have your overall mark with maybe your % in brackets. Then experience, then self start and then extra key skills. Search IB CV for reference. I also attached a cover letter as I did last year very brief, I know they don’t ask but they’re my top 3 firms so I wanted to make the effort
 
  • Like
Reactions: helloseoul
I was on DLA’s waitlist last year with only two marks or so off what they required. The CV is just a standard IB/Consulting CV so it’s just your a levls broken down with your maths and science and English gcse just before. The uni bit you have your overall mark with maybe your % in brackets. Then experience, then self start and then extra key skills. Search IB CV for reference. I also attached a cover letter as I did last year very brief, I know they don’t ask but they’re my top 3 firms so I wanted to make the effort
That’s so helpful, thank you!
 
  • Like
Reactions: anon78365222111
Any tips/advice for the Clyde & Co online assessment?
I don't have any tips for the SJT other than learn the four values on the careers website. It's as nebulous as every other SJT.

For the WG it has some light numerical stuff in it so use a calc.

Once you finish it gives a completion screen but I didn't get a confirmation email immediately so don't worry if it takes half a day for that to arrive.
 
When answering 'why this firm' in a VI, how much do people tend to change their answer from a typical, longer interview format? Only asking as in full interviews I typically enjoy a 3 point structure, in which I am unable to unpack each of the 3 points, link them back to myself, before circling it back around to why it's a key factor for my application. However, in attempting to fit it into 2 minutes for the VI format, I'm either cutting it down to solely 2 points that can be more stretched out, or not adhering to the typical structure for the third point, which risks it seeming a bit more of a rushed point I've squeezed in at the end. Would 2 points still be sufficient, or it worth making everything more concise to squeeze in a third, so that it reads like more of a varied list? Thanks!
Hi! I would say, particularly for VIs, it is crucial to ensure you follow the typical structure throughout. A primary thing they are assessing you on is your general presentation and structuring skills. As such, you need to make sure you do not give them any reason to question your logic behind structuring.

Consequently, definitely either cutting it two or 3 more concise points is better. Personally, for a 2 minute VI, I would probably do 2 to be able to properly unpack it like you said, while also ensuring you do not have to rush at any point.

Hope this helps!
 

Find member