Telephone interviews

Nada Mohamed

Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jul 22, 2018
The email I received for the invite stated that it would be a commercially-focused interview testing my commercial knowledge. I have a finimize subscription and read the commercial updates posted on the forums here at Corporate Law Academy. But are there any specifics stories that you think I should research up on or any concepts in business I should look over? What should I expect? Any advice in general would be very much appreciated

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
The email I received for the invite stated that it would be a commercially-focused interview testing my commercial knowledge. I have a finimize subscription and read the commercial updates posted on the forums here at Corporate Law Academy. But are there any specifics stories that you think I should research up on or any concepts in business I should look over? What should I expect? Any advice in general would be very much appreciated

researching specific stories is a dangerous route as you become fixated on specific knowledge rather than market trends.

read news stories you are generally interested in and then read around them.

Nada Mohamed

Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jul 22, 2018
researching specific stories is a dangerous route as you become fixated on specific knowledge rather than market trends.

read news stories you are generally interested in and then read around them.

Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it ☺️! Since the email specified that’s is a commercially focused interview do you think that should be my sole prep or should I review other competency based questions or general interview questions?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it ☺️! Since the email specified that’s is a commercially focused interview do you think that should be my sole prep or should I review other competency based questions or general interview questions?

I would expect questions around motivation linked to why commercial law too

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.