Training Contract Start Dates

Garrett

Jan 17, 2019
Hello,

I'm currently finishing up a training contract application for a small-medium sized City firm that has two separate starting dates for their TCs: Sept 2021 & March 2021. Is it advantageous to choose one over the other? Does the firm split applicants into these two groups when assessing applications? If so, can you imagine one date being more popular than the other?

I'm assuming that they don't do this to prevent quality candidates from slipping through the cracks, but I'm hoping you may have some insight on this.

Cheers,

Garrett

Reactions: Asmee DC

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

I'm currently finishing up a training contract application for a small-medium sized City firm that has two separate starting dates for their TCs: Sept 2021 & March 2021. Is it advantageous to choose one over the other? Does the firm split applicants into these two groups when assessing applications? If so, can you imagine one date being more popular than the other?

I'm assuming that they don't do this to prevent quality candidates from slipping through the cracks, but I'm hoping you may have some insight on this.

Cheers,

Garrett

They won’t split applications. The same benchmarks will be applied, one intake is not more competitive than the other.

It’s just there to speed up the offer process.

Reactions: Asmee DC

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.