Weightmans Direct TC application question

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019
    Weightmans direct tc application form question:

Taking just one, explain in your own words how having our lawyers demonstrate that value would help deliver excellent client care. (500 words)

does anyone have any tips on approaching this application form question? Thank you :)

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hiya,

Would be happy to help but is that the full question you've included? Seems like it's making a reference to something else?

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Hiya,

Would be happy to help but is that the full question you've included? Seems like it's making a reference to something else?
    Yeah, it has their three values to choose listed ('transparency', 'teamwork and respect', and 'enterprise').

I haven't actually made a start on it yet myself but @Legal_Angels perhaps start by finding out what Weightmans means by each of them. I'm sure that there will be some kind of explanation/definition on their website somewhere. That should hopefully give you some idea of why it's a 'core' value, and indicate how it benefits the firm's clients in solving their problems/achieving their goals.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    @Legal_Angels

Agree with what Andrew has said. You'd want to start by researching how Weightmans defines each of those qualities and tie it into the services they provide their clients that reflect those things.

Ahi88

Future Trainee
  • Feb 29, 2020
    Yeah, it has their three values to choose listed ('transparency', 'teamwork and respect', and 'enterprise').

I haven't actually made a start on it yet myself but @Legal_Angels perhaps start by finding out what Weightmans means by each of them. I'm sure that there will be some kind of explanation/definition on their website somewhere. That should hopefully give you some idea of why it's a 'core' value, and indicate how it benefits the firm's clients in solving their problems/achieving their goals.

Since the question is asking for evidence of how the firm's lawyers demonstrate one of the three values in practice, I would focus on how 'transparency', 'teamwork and respect' and 'enterprise' contribute in their own respect to enable the firm to provide excellent client care. As it is asking for one, choose the one you feel most comfortable writing about based on your own research.

Having done a quick search on the firm's website, it appears that they define what each value means to them. Think carefully about why the firm has chosen those specific values and find evidence of how these values have been shown in practice through any recent initiatives/work the firm has done. Think about how the value underpins and motivates how the firm operates. This should assist you in understanding how they contribute towards providing excellent client care.

Given the word count, you could even go the extra mile to show a bit of commercial awareness to demonstrate why excellent client care is important both for the firm itself and it's clients.

Reactions: as29 and Andrew M

Aspiring.lawyer.to.be

Legendary Member
  • Nov 26, 2019
    Since the question is asking for evidence of how the firm's lawyers demonstrate one of the three values in practice, I would focus on how 'transparency', 'teamwork and respect' and 'enterprise' contribute in their own respect to enable the firm to provide excellent client care. As it is asking for one, choose the one you feel most comfortable writing about based on your own research.

Having done a quick search on the firm's website, it appears that they define what each value means to them. Think carefully about why the firm has chosen those specific values and find evidence of how these values have been shown in practice through any recent initiatives/work the firm has done. Think about how the value underpins and motivates how the firm operates. This should assist you in understanding how they contribute towards providing excellent client care.

Given the word count, you could even go the extra mile to show a bit of commercial awareness to demonstrate why excellent client care is important both for the firm itself and it's clients.
    Thank u so much

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.