White & Case open days application section

Camilla Gionso

Distinguished Member
Commercial Writer
Sep 29, 2018
Hi :)

I am completing White & Case vacation scheme application, but I am a bit stuck with the section on 'career events', which basically asks to provide details of any open days, workshops or presentations I have attended. As I have attended only one open day so far, I wasn't so sure if mentioning this is good at all? Or if in my case it's better to leave the question blank?
If anyone has already completed this app/ question in the past and has suggestions on the matter it would be very welcome.

Thank you!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi :)

I am completing White & Case vacation scheme application, but I am a bit stuck with the section on 'career events', which basically asks to provide details of any open days, workshops or presentations I have attended. As I have attended only one open day so far, I wasn't so sure if mentioning this is good at all? Or if in my case it's better to leave the question blank?
    If anyone has already completed this app/ question in the past and has suggestions on the matter it would be very welcome.

Thank you!
    Including it would be better than leaving it I'd say! Just briefly describe what you did/learnt on the open day and any skills you improved and that'll be fine. I think it's like an additional work experience section tbh

• 🤝
    Reactions: Camilla Gionso

Ginevra Bizzarri

Star Member
    Future Trainee
    Jun 19, 2018
    so say if I attended an open day at clifford chance you don't think that would somewhat sway grad rec into thinking that actually you're not that set on white and case?
    I know they want you to include it but idk I'm also always weary

Reactions: Camilla Gionso

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    so say if I attended an open day at clifford chance you don't think that would somewhat sway grad rec into thinking that actually you're not that set on white and case?
    I know they want you to include it but idk I'm also always weary
    No I think it further demonstrates your interest in law! You could then mention how you learnt about a particular practice area at Clifford Chance which interests you and then are applying to White & Case as it has an excellent reputation in that field e.g. Capital Markets

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.