White & Case

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
can anyone share their experience and please help with information and advice regarding white & case’s face to face interview for the vac scheme?

Hi Denisa, we're currently compiling a big list of interview/AC experiences from the law insights page. I just checked and we've only got one short response for White & Case. I'm sorry it's not terribly helpful - I understand your interview is very soon! This is from a future trainee:

"So it's a interview more focused on your experiences (work and academic). Therefore it's important to really know your CV. Other than that, one thing that they do appreciate is knowing the firm's 2020 strategy. "

Reactions: Deleted member 21

FreddyS

Distinguished Member
Feb 28, 2018

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018

FreddyS

Distinguished Member
Feb 28, 2018
Thanks for this! I have also heard they take 50/50 from vac schemes since 2016.. err oh well! The only way I can find out is sending out an application hahaha!

Agreed. I tried to stop looking at statistics because they all ended up putting me off! One thing the others have said though is that if you're good enough you'll get in, so statistics aren't too helpful in that sense. I kinda need to internalise that.

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Agreed. I tried to stop looking at statistics because they all ended up putting me off! One thing the others have said though is that if you're good enough you'll get in, so statistics aren't too helpful in that sense. I kinda need to internalise that.

Agreed! Are you applying for a TC?

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Have you sent many TC applications off already? I think I need to get moving on my apps

Yes I sent two out so far! I am starting my tc application cycle properly from this month, l want to be in the best position ever when the recruitment cycle comes in the summer.

Also re white and case I think I am going to just apply for the 2018 winter vac scheme. I don’t want to apply for a TC, get rejected and then reapply in the same year for the winter vac scheme with a similiar application, it just sounds soo horrible!

Good luck with your apps! What firms are you hoping to apply for?

FreddyS

Distinguished Member
Feb 28, 2018
Yes I sent two out so far! I am starting my tc application cycle properly from this month, l want to be in the best position ever when the recruitment cycle comes in the summer.

Also re white and case I think I am going to just apply for the 2018 winter vac scheme. I don’t want to apply for a TC, get rejected and then reapply in the same year for the winter vac scheme with a similiar application, it just sounds soo horrible!

Good luck with your apps! What firms are you hoping to apply for?

Ok this is good motivation haha, I've only sent CC yet, but I wanted to get started on more this week. That makes sense, there's a few firms which I can't apply to because I was rejected after my application for a vac scheme. I wish I'd known because I think my applications are a lot better now!

So far I'm planning to apply to:
  • Weil
  • Latham
  • Ashurst
  • Freshfields
  • K&L Gates
  • Travers
  • Linklaters
  • Shearman & Sterling
  • Baker Mckenzie
^ Some aren't open yet though I don't think. How about you?

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Ok this is good motivation haha, I've only sent CC yet, but I wanted to get started on more this week. That makes sense, there's a few firms which I can't apply to because I was rejected after my application for a vac scheme. I wish I'd known because I think my applications are a lot better now!

So far I'm planning to apply to:
  • Weil
  • Latham
  • Ashurst
  • Freshfields
  • K&L Gates
  • Travers
  • Linklaters
  • Shearman & Sterling
  • Baker Mckenzie
^ Some aren't open yet though I don't think. How about you?

Hahah I know what you mean. Yes I agree with you on the point about the vac scheme applications soo annoying!!!!

What a nice mix, I am applying to similiar but also NRF and Mayer Brown and then prepping for the winter vacation cycle whilst I can. Good luck!

What stage are you at currently? University or graduate?

Reactions: Jai C.
D

Deleted member 21

Hi Denisa, we're currently compiling a big list of interview/AC experiences from the law insights page. I just checked and we've only got one short response for White & Case. I'm sorry it's not terribly helpful - I understand your interview is very soon! This is from a future trainee:

"So it's a interview more focused on your experiences (work and academic). Therefore it's important to really know your CV. Other than that, one thing that they do appreciate is knowing the firm's 2020 strategy. "
Thank you for your help - i got the vac scheme so if you know anyone who did it who could help,it would be much appreciated:)

Nicole

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Feb 28, 2018
Thank you for your help - i got the vac scheme so if you know anyone who did it who could help,it would be much appreciated:)

Woo great job, you must be delighted! When did you find out?

Yep I'll get that for you :). Completely optional, but if you would be interested in sending us your advice on the interview for future students, we would be really grateful!

FreddyS

Distinguished Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hahah I know what you mean. Yes I agree with you on the point about the vac scheme applications soo annoying!!!!

What a nice mix, I am applying to similiar but also NRF and Mayer Brown and then prepping for the winter vacation cycle whilst I can. Good luck!

What stage are you at currently? University or graduate?

I was just going through some posts and I've saw I missed this- I'm in my final year of uni! Btw have you sent many more applications out? I kinda fell behind on my motivation/trying to keep up with my exams, but am planning to restart in June.

Reactions: MightyMoe

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
I was just going through some posts and I've saw I missed this- I'm in my final year of uni! Btw have you sent many more applications out? I kinda fell behind on my motivation/trying to keep up with my exams, but am planning to restart in June.

Hahhaa I didn’t even notice! And I’ve also fallen behind on my applications due to exams I will hopefully get back to it in june (I wanna submit my TC apps one month before the deadline) fingers crossed! Good luck with your applications!

FreddyS

Distinguished Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hahhaa I didn’t even notice! And I’ve also fallen behind on my applications due to exams I will hopefully get back to it in june (I wanna submit my TC apps one month before the deadline) fingers crossed! Good luck with your applications!

Yay good I'm glad it's not just me. Same here (although knowing me it'll be the end of July :))

Reactions: Salma

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.