The Corporate Law Academy – Terms and Conditions
(a) This website is operated by The Corporate Law Academy of 147 Station Road, London, England, E4 6AG (we, our or us). It is available at: www.thecorporatelawacademy.com and may be available through other addresses or channels including mobile applications (collectively the Site).
(b) By accessing and/or using the Site you:
(2) confirm to us that you are over 18 years of age and you have the legal capacity to enter into a legally binding agreement with us; and
(3) agree to use the Site in accordance with the Terms.
(b) When you create an account, you will be asked to input basic contact information such as your name and email address.
(c) It is your responsibility to keep your account details confidential. You are liable for all activity on your account, including any purchases made using your account details.
(d) You may be required to use third party platforms and services in order to access and receive the benefit our services. This will require you to accept the terms and conditions of such platforms, and you agree to do so in order to access the services.
(a) You may order services from us as set out on the Site. Any order placed through the Site is an offer by you to purchase a particular service or subscription for the price notified at the time you place your order.
(b) You may make an order for:
(1) a one-off purchase for individual services (One-Off Purchase); and/or
(2) an ongoing subscription as described on the Site (Subscription).
(c) We may, at our absolute discretion, accept or reject an order. We will endeavour to notify you of a rejection at the time of the order or within a reasonable time thereafter.
(d) Each One-Off Purchase order that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of services in accordance with the Terms.
(e) It is your responsibility to check the order details, including selected services and pricing, before you submit your order through the Site.
(f) We may advertise certain turnaround and delivery times for specific services provided by us. These times are for guidance only, and shall not be deemed to be contractually binding in any way.
(a) When you place an order for a Subscription, you must choose a tier of Subscription and each tier includes a different range of included services.
(b) Your Subscription will automatically renew each month. You will be charged for each month’s subscription on the calendar day corresponding to when you first placed your order for your Subscription (Billing Day).
(c) You may request an upgrade change to the tier of your Subscription to another tier at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. in the account page/ manage Subscription (or similar) and the upgrade or downgrade will become effective on the next Billing DayWe will endeavour to process these requests as soon as possible. If we are able to process your upgrade, Tthe payment method linked to your account will automatically be charged the subscription fee for your new Subscription tier on your next the subsequent Billing Day.
(d) Your Subscription automatically continues until cancelled in accordance with the ‘Cancelling Subscriptions’ clause.
5 Price and payments
(a) You must pay us the purchase price of each service you order as set out on the Site (the Price) in accordance with this clause.
(b) In the event of a One-Off Purchase, you must pay the Price via credit card or any other payment methods set out on the Site.
(c) In the event of a Subscription:
(1) you must pay us the fee for your Subscription and any other amount payable to us under these Terms (Subscription Fee), without set off or delay via credit card or any other payment methods set out on the Site;
(2) you must pay us the Subscription Fee in advance of the next billing cycle on your Billing Day; and
(3) you are responsible for reviewing the pricing schedule, inclusions and exclusions associated with your Subscription.
(d) All amounts are stated in Pounds Sterling and are inclusive of VAT and duty (where applicable). We reserve the right to amend our prices and amend or withdraw any special
at any time without notice.
(e) You must not pay, or attempt to pay, the Price or Subscription Fee by fraudulent or unlawful means. We reserve the right to contact your card issuer for the purposes of carrying out security checks.
(f) To the extent permitted by law, the Price and/or Subscription Fee are non-refundable and non-cancellable once paid.
(g) If any payment in relation to a Subscription Fee has not been made as set out on the Site or in the Terms, we may (at our absolute discretion) immediately cease supplying the services.
(h) We may modify our Subscription Fee from time to time. Any price changes will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following notice to you. The notice may be provided at any time via email, text message or via notification to your account (and you may change your notification preferences in your account page). If you do not agree to the price change, you may cancel your Subscription in accordance with the ‘Cancellation’ clause.
6 Promotional discount codes
(a) We may from time to time issue promotional discount codes for certain services on the Site. To claim the discount, you must enter the promotional discount code at the time of submitting your order through the Site. The conditions of use relating to promotional discount codes will be specified on the Site at the time they are issued.
7 Cancelling Subscriptions
(a) You can cancel your Subscription at any time by notifying us at [email protected], or in writing and/or updatingby logging in to your account on the Site and cancelling the Subscription through the “Manage Subscriptions” option. You must notify us in writing and/or update your account at least 2 business days prior to the next Billing Day. If you cancel your Subscription less than 2 business days prior to the next Billing Day, you will be charged the Subscription Fee on the next Billing Day and your cancellation of the Subscription will be effective for the following period.
(b) We may immediately suspend, terminate or limit your access to and use of the Site if you breach the Terms (including your obligation to pay the Subscription Fee) and the breach cannot be remedied or is not remedied within 5 business days of us notifying you of the breach.
(c) If your Subscription is cancelled and you later decide to re-subscribe, you will be charged at the then-current Subscription Fee.
(a) In respect of One-Off Purchases and Subscriptions, you acknowledge that you are requesting that we provide our services immediately, and that the provision of our services may be made fewer than 14 days from when you purchased the One-Off Purchase or the Subscription. If we have started to provide our services to you within that 14 day period, you agree that you will not have the right to cancel the One-Off Purchase or the Subscription in relation to that order.
(b) Nothing in these Terms shall affect your statutory rights in relation to faulty services which are not provided as described.
(c) Any refunds will be made using the same payment method originally used to make payment.
9 Intellectual property
(a) All intellectual property rights (including copyright) in all materials made available to you through the Site or otherwise provided by us in the course of providing our services to you will at all times vest, or remain vested, in us and our licensors.
(b) In consideration for the payment of the Subscription Fee or the Price we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable, personal and revocable licence to access and use the materials made available to you by us for your own personal purposes only.
(c) You must not, without our prior written consent:
(1) copy or use, in whole or in part, any of our materials for any commercial purposes;
(2) share, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any of our materials (in whole or in part) to any third party; or
(3) breach any intellectual property rights connected with the Site or our materials, including (without limitation) altering or modifying any of our materials; causing any of any of our materials to be framed or embedded in another website; or creating derivative works from any of our materials.
10 User Content
(a) You may be permitted to post, create, upload, publicise or otherwise submit content to our Site and other resources within our control, such as forum posts, comments, pictures and videos using your account (User Content). You must submit User Content in accordance with the Terms and any rules or guidelines published by us.
(b) We ask you to limit your discussions to topics which are relevant to the Site and our services.
(c) We reserve the right to remove any comments which we, in our sole discretion, deem to be in breach of these terms including the ‘Exclusions’ clause and deem to be inappropriate including posts that:
(1) defame, harass, threaten, stalk, menace, track, monitor, hurt, mistreat, offend or otherwise hurt any person;
(2) use obscene or foul language;
(3) include link(s) to inappropriate, offensive or illegal material on the forum;
(4) could be considered intolerant of a person’s race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion or age; and
(5) interfere with another user.
(d) We are not responsible for the conduct of any user of our Site. You agree and acknowledge that you participate on the Site including by submitting User Content at your own risk.
(e) By making available any User Content on or through our Site, you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free licence to use the User Content, with the right to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, transfer, communicate, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, or otherwise exploit such User Content on, through or by means of our Site.
(f) You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you make available on or through our Site. You represent and warrant that:
(1) you are either the sole and exclusive owner of all User Content or you have all rights, licences, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to us the rights in such User Content (as contemplated by these Terms); and
(2) neither the User Content nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmission of the User Content or our use of the User Content on, through or by means of our Site will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
(a) You must not access or use the Site except as permitted by these Terms and you must not do, omit to do, or authorise any act that would or might invalidate or be inconsistent with our intellectual property rights on the Site. Without limiting the foregoing provisions, you must not and must not permit any other person to:
(1) resell, assign, transfer, distribute or provide others with access to the Site or any of our materials;
(2) use the Site to transmit, publish or communicate material that is defamatory, offensive, abusive, indecent, menacing or unwanted;
(3) use the Site in any way that damages, interferes with or interrupts the supply of the Site;
(4) introduce malicious programs into our hardware and software or our hardware, software and services which are integrated and operate together, including our networks (Systems), including viruses, worms, trojan horses and e-mail bombs;
(5) reveal your account password to others or allow others to use your account;
(6) use the Site to carry out security breaches or disruptions of a network. Security breaches include accessing data where you are not the intended recipient or logging into a server or account that you are not expressly authorised to access or corrupting any data (including network sniffing/monitoring, pinged floods, packet spoofing, denial of service and forged routing information for malicious purposes);
(7) use any program/script/command, or send messages of any kind, with the intent to interfere with, or disable, any person’s use of the Site or any training resources from the Site;
(8) send any unsolicited messages through or to users of the Site or to send any form of harassment via email, or any other form of messaging, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages or use the Site in breach of any person’s privacy (such as by way of identity theft or “phishing”);
(9) use the Site to circumvent user authentication or security of any of your networks, accounts or hosts or those of your customers or suppliers.
(b) Any non-compliance by you with these Terms, including in particular this clause 11, shall give us the right to suspend provision of any services to you and access to your account, and to terminate our relationship with you without liability.
(a) Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law:
(1) our maximum aggregate liability arising from or in connection with the Terms (including our services and/or the subject matter of the Terms) will be limited to the amounts paid to you by us in the 12 months preceding the date of any claim for liability; and
(2) we will not be liable to you for any loss of profit (including anticipated profit), loss of benefit (including anticipated benefit), loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of goodwill, loss of opportunity, loss of savings (including anticipated savings), loss of reputation, loss of use and/or loss or corruption of data,
whether under statute, contract, equity, tort (including negligence), indemnity or otherwise.
(b) Despite anything to the contrary, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we will have no liability, and you release and discharge us from all liability, arising from or in connection with any:
(1) any injury or loss to any person;
(2) failure or delay in providing the services; or
(3) breach of the Terms or any law,
where caused or contributed to by any:
(4) event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or
(5) act or omission of you or your related parties,
and, in any event, any defect, error, omission or lack of functionality or suitability (or the absence of, or reduction in, any anticipated result, outcome or benefit) with respect to the services.
(c) Nothing in the Terms attempts to modify or exclude the conditions, warranties and undertakings, and other legal rights, under applicable law. Any and all other warranties or conditions not set out in these Terms or provided by applicable law are expressly excluded where permitted.
(d) Whilst we make reasonable efforts to ensure that all information provided by us, whether through our Site, as part of our services, or in any other way, is accurate and up-to-date, we make no warranty and provide no guarantee that it is. We do not make any representation, warranty, or any kind of assurance that your purchase of our services will lead to any particular successful outcome in any interview, application, assessment, or career progression. We expressly waive all liability for any reliance you may place on information, advice and guidance provided by us, and you agree that you are solely responsible for any consequences arising from any such reliance. You use our Site and our services at your own risk.
(e) We do not guarantee that our Site or any of our resources will be available to any particular standard of uptime.
(a) Disputes: Neither party may commence court proceedings relating to any dispute arising from, or in connection with, these Terms without first meeting with a senior representative of the other party to seek (in good faith) to resolve that dispute (unless that party is seeking urgent interlocutory relief or the dispute relates to compliance with this clause).
(b) Notices: Any notice given under these Terms must be in writing by email addressed to us at the details set out below or to you at the details provided when setting up or updating your account. Any notice may be sent by standard post or email, and will be deemed to have been served on the expiry of 48 hours in the case of post, or at the time of transmission in the case of transmission by [email protected].
(c) Waiver: Any failure or delay by a party in exercising a power or right (either wholly or partly) in relation to these Terms does not operate as a waiver or prevent a party from exercising that power or right or any other power or right. A waiver must be in writing.
(d) Relationship of parties: These Terms are not intended to create a partnership, joint venture or agency relationship between the parties.
(e) Severance: If a provision of these Terms is held to be void, invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision is to be read down as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be valid or enforceable, failing which, that provision (or that part of that provision) will be severed from these Terms without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remainder of that provision or the other provisions.
(f) Assignment: You must not assign any rights or obligations under these Terms, whether in whole or in part, without our prior written consent.
(g) Amendment: We may, at any time and at our discretion, vary these Terms by providing you with 30 days’ written notice. If you have a Subscription and you do not agree with the variation, you may cancel your Subscription and terminate these Terms in accordance with the ‘Cancellation’ clause. For One-Off Purchases, prior to placing an order, we recommend you carefully read the terms that are in effect at that time to ensure you understand and agree to them. For any One-Off Purchase order that has been accepted by us, the terms and conditions that apply will be the ones that were in effect (and which you agreed to) when you placed your order.
(h) Governing law: These Terms are governed by the laws of England. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in England. We make no representation that the Site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside of the United Kingdom. If you access the Site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with these laws in the place you access the Site.