Vacation scheme and training contract application reviews
Law firms receive thousands of applications for vacation schemes and training contracts every year. To get invited to interview, you need to learn effective application technique.
But application technique isn’t about applying a set of rigid rules to your applications. It’s about presenting who you are on paper. It’s about showcasing your motivations, experiences, and potential to a recruiter. It’s about knowing how to tailor your applications and stand out from the crowd.
We at The Corporate Law Academy know how competitive it is. We take your application reviews very seriously.
Candidates come back to us because they know we provide the gold standard of application reviews. We have a deep understanding of exceptional application writing and know how to bring out the best of candidates in an application.
Our thorough and personal application review service, offers you detailed, line-by-line comments on your vacation scheme or training contract application. These reviews are firm-specific and cover the following areas:
- how well you answer the question[s] asked;
- your use of language and your overall structure;
- how well you’ve tailored your application to the specific firm; and
- how well you’ve met a firm’s competencies.
Many of our students go on to secure training contracts at top commercial firms, including the magic circle and New York’s elite law firms.
So, how does the application review service work?
Our fast-track application review service will provide you with detailed line-by-line comments on your applications in one working day. You’ll then be able to edit your application based on our comments, improve its quality, and submit it with plenty of time to spare before your deadline! Gold members receive exclusive access to one free fast track review each month. If you’re not already a member, sign up here!
So how does it work?
- Submit your application below before 5pm.
- Receive our confirmation email within the same day.
- Receive our detailed review of your application the next day.
As a Gold member, you are also entitled to receive recurring discounts on our:
- Standard application review – 50% off with the code “PREMIUMGOLD”.
- Three pack standard application review – 25% off with the code “PREMIUMPACK’.
- Those with an existing silver membership can still get their application reviewed below. We have just discontinued this pricing plan.
- In our application reviews, we only review the application questions and not the work experience section or CVs.
- Please send over your application as a Word document with only the application questions and answers included. This ensures we are only processing the information necessary for the review of your application.
- Fast track reviews which are not redeemed within the month do not carry over into the next month.
- Applications submitted after 5pm will be returned the following day.
Note, if you have any issues submitting your application via the form, please email it directly to [email protected]
Why use our application review service?
We’ve reviewed thousands of applications since 2017
In the period between October 2020 and January 2021 alone, we reviewed over 1,100 open day, vacation scheme and training contract applications. Our experience has taught us what works and what doesn’t. We know how to sell your experiences, demonstrate your motivation and make an application stand out. We don’t just talk the talk either. We’ve been through the process ourselves: our reviewer secured 13 interviews with top commercial law firms.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are able to benchmark the strength of your application against other candidates applying to the same firm. In addition to our line by line comments, you’ll receive practical guidance on how to apply our feedback to future applications.
High-level, specific, actionable advice
There’s a reason we only review law firm applications. That’s our niche and we’re good at what we do. We’re not here to give you generic advice on your applications. Instead, we provide bespoke, actionable advice based on your existing application answers, your experiences and motivations, and the firm you’re applying to. We very rarely come across a firm we haven’t reviewed hundreds of applications for!
Finally, note, the purpose of our reviews is to help you get your applications into the best shape you can. We’ll point out red flags and advise you on how to improve your answers, however, we cannot guarantee you will move onto the next stage.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
All applications submitted to TCLA for review are shared only with our application review team for the purposes of reviewing your application. We will not share your applications with anyone else. We store applications on our project management software for eight months so we can handle follow-up queries and cross-reference your future application reviews with any older submissions. Thereafter, they are deleted.
Please drop us an email at [email protected]