TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Slaughter and May February interviews are all for the vac scheme. The direct TC interviews start back up in March. There might be exceptions ie if an applicant said they needed to respond to another offer, but I booked my interview at the beginning of December for March, and on the email it said it was only running summer scheme interviews in jan and feb. Just to clear up the slight confusion I’ve seen on this thread ie slaughter and may!
yeah sorry I thought I was replying to the VS thread!

Ill delete original post

Cambam15

Feb 4, 2023
Slaughter and May February interviews are all for the vac scheme. The direct TC interviews start back up in March. There might be exceptions ie if an applicant said they needed to respond to another offer, but I booked my interview at the beginning of December for March, and on the email it said it was only running summer scheme interviews in jan and feb. Just to clear up the slight confusion I’ve seen on this thread ie slaughter and may!
hat does it mean if the HR mailed me asking if I have other offers in January given I had applied for a direct TC?
But is Slaughter calling direct TC applicants for an interview even if it is scheduled in March?? Because I am a direct TC applicant and the HR mailed me asking if I have other offers but still hasn’t scheduled any interview.

Reactions: Is00

Arch1234

Jan 5, 2023
But is Slaughter calling direct TC applicants for an interview even if it is scheduled in March?? Because I am a direct TC applicant and the HR mailed me asking if I have other offers but still hasn’t scheduled any interview.
I’m not sure what you mean?
I applied towards the end of November I think and heard back mid December (around that I can’t really remember). I didn’t get a call, I just got an email and could book an interview slot. Even in December the earliest slots were March.

Cambam15

Feb 4, 2023
I’m not sure what you mean?
I applied towards the end of November I think and heard back mid December (around that I can’t really remember). I didn’t get a call, I just got an email and could book an interview slot. Even in December the earliest slots were March.
Ohh! I applied towards the end of November too but did not receive any mail in December. I just received a mail in January asking me if I have other offers as they are still reviewing my application. That's all.

cls33

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 3, 2022
Ohh! I applied towards the end of November too but did not receive any mail in December. I just received a mail in January asking me if I have other offers as they are still reviewing my application. That's all.
I think they are still working through applications. I have an interview in March but there are candidates on the Winter Workshop I went on that couldn't choose slots until end of May so I wouldn't worry about timelines. Wasn't sure what you meant, but hope that helps haha!

WannaLaw99

• Jan 8, 2023
    Hiya,
    Does anyone have any advice on how to improve on SJTs? I know it's not a straightforward "graded" test, but any advice would be great! it's slightly easier to find tips on WG as that seems to be more common, but I'm having a tough time finding advice on SJTs...

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    BCLP's website says "We are recruiting for March 2024, September 2024, and March 2025." on their direct TC page. Does this mean I cannot apply as I will need two years of legal education before starting? And if so, does anyone know if they'll open for Sept 2025 direct TCs?

Reactions: newtothis

jnice

Distinguished Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    BCLP's website says "We are recruiting for March 2024, September 2024, and March 2025." on their direct TC page. Does this mean I cannot apply as I will need two years of legal education before starting? And if so, does anyone know if they'll open for Sept 2025 direct TCs?
    It Means available to start March 2024, sept 2024, and March 2025. As in you should have completed a law degree/PGDL and LPC/SQE by these dates to start the TC.

Ghassen

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 24, 2022
    Anyone else take the HL WG? How did you find it? 30 minutes was too short imo

(and @Jessica Booker do let me know if we are/aren't allowed to discuss tests, not intentionally trying to violate the forum rules 😅)
    I agree! It was very intense and the type of questions was confusing. Also, the main statement is always changeable which means you have to read it every time.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Anyone else take the HL WG? How did you find it? 30 minutes was too short imo

(and @Jessica Booker do let me know if we are/aren't allowed to discuss tests, not intentionally trying to violate the forum rules 😅)
    This is fine to talk about. It would only be if you shared specific questions that we would ask for the post to be edited, but even then WG questions tend to be randomised so it wouldn’t necessarily be the case that someone had the same questions as you anyway.

Asking general questions like the time you had/general advice and guidance is fine on all assessments though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.