Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanerlim

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2018
As interviewing and AC season is coming upon us, I wanted to start a thread for us to share whether we have heard back about any successful applications, as well as provide each other support and tips for upcoming interviews and ACs! So far I have only heard back from rejections and waiting for a handful of firms. This thread also helps us comfort each other if we have been rejected from the same firm :(

Let me start on some interview tips! Here are some videos I watch to lift me up and make me feel less socially anxious in interviews:

Leave some comments below and let's support each other over this nerve recking time!

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Love this thread idea! It would be great to hear when everyone hears back so maybe we can keep track of which firms are responding when?

Hey Jess, re keeping track of which firms are responding and when, could you post it on the vacation scheme/training contract thread, specific to whether you applied for the winter, spring or summer vac scheme. Just makes it easier for everything to be in one place

Reactions: jess889

Jaxkw

Star Member
Early Bird
Mar 15, 2018
Hey Jess, re keeping track of which firms are responding and when, could you post it on the vacation scheme/training contract thread, specific to whether you applied for the winter, spring or summer vac scheme. Just makes it easier for everything to be in one place

Is it worth having a thread specifically for when people hear back from firms? I always thought they should do that on the student room as its really hard to track how quickly different firms got back to people?

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Is it worth having a thread specifically for when people hear back from firms? I always thought they should do that on the student room as its really hard to track how quickly different firms got back to people?

I would love to hear from others about whether the above point would be of interest?

AJ

Legendary Member
Sep 11, 2018
Yes I think it would. Doubt I’m the only one that gets impatient waiting to hear back. Seems sensible if was an isolated thread which you could also ignore if you so wished.

Reactions: Kim LD

yanerlim

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2018
So far these are the firms I heard back (All rejection, so if you haven't heard back from these firms it may be good news???)
Jones Day
Linklaters (Failed Test)
Hogan Lovells
Herbert Smith Freehills
Allen and Overy
Simmons and Simmons

Sandrou

Esteemed Member
Feb 28, 2018
So far these are the firms I heard back (All rejection, so if you haven't heard back from these firms it may be good news???)
Jones Day
Linklaters (Failed Test)
Hogan Lovells
Herbert Smith Freehills
Allen and Overy
Simmons and Simmons

Did you hear back from HSF & A&O after passing their respective Online tests? Or did you hear back after failing the tests? From what I hear, these new tests are merely smoke screens and don’t really add much value.

I think this cycle, plenty of emphasis is being placed on your actual answers (which they should) to the questions and how they relate specifically relate to HSF & A&O. Given this, plenty of candidates are almost instantly rejected after passing the test! Very strange process.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I heard from one student with a very strong application to HSF who received an email to say they passed the WGT but received a rejection 2 minutes later. Seems odd to me!

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Jones Day
    Linklaters (Failed Test)
    Hogan Lovells
    Herbert Smith Freehills
    Allen and Overy
    Simmons and Simmons
    Hello - I too rejected from Links and Hogan Lovell - failed tests - they are so hard.

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    Very strange!! Passed the. HSF “test” but haven’t been rejected yet or invited to an AC. ☹️☹️. At this point I wouldn’t mind a rejection.

Did you hear back from HSF & A&O after passing their respective Online tests? Or did you hear back after failing the tests? From what I hear, these new tests are merely smoke screens and don’t really add much value.

I think this cycle, plenty of emphasis is being placed on your actual answers (which they should) to the questions and how they relate specifically relate to HSF & A&O. Given this, plenty of candidates are almost instantly rejected after passing the test! Very strange process.

I heard from one student with a very strong application to HSF who received an email to say they passed the WGT but received a rejection 2 minutes later. Seems odd to me!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.