TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
@Jessica Booker I accidentally submitted an app to a firm without fully completing the application form. None of the application questions were answered. I emailed them explaining the situation and asked if they would reopen the application so that I could properly finish it. Would they allow me to properly resubmit or do firms usually not allow this?

LillyandSilver

Distinguished Member
Oct 18, 2023
@Jessica Booker I accidentally submitted an app to a firm without fully completing the application form. None of the application questions were answered. I emailed them explaining the situation and asked if they would reopen the application so that I could properly finish it. Would they allow me to properly resubmit or do firms usually not allow this?
Not Jessica, but maybe it would be easier to ask if you can withdraw the app and then resubmit it if the deadline hasnt passed?

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
Not Jessica, but maybe it would be easier to ask if you can withdraw the app and then resubmit it if the deadline hasnt passed?
The deadline is on the 15th so it hasn’t passed yet. I’ve already sent the email asking them to reopen the application. Should I follow up asking if it’s okay to withdraw?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
They may allow this considering it is clearly an error - wait to see when they come back to you.

Reactions: axelbeugre
D

Deleted member 32324

Baker’s have changed their application process a bit this year, including the case study. I’m curious to know what it’s like now before I apply again.

Does anyone know what the new test is like?
its just amberjack - was pretty standard and quite easy to pass. I think I got 8768 but I've heard others got as low as 6464 and as high as 9986 so I'm not too sure how they measure it. Afterwards its the VI which was similar to last year's and then the AC which I thought was decent but the case study element was quite difficult for some elements.

spamelinazoid

Legendary Member
  • Dec 19, 2021
    its just amberjack - was pretty standard and quite easy to pass. I think I got 8768 but I've heard others got as low as 6464 and as high as 9986 so I'm not too sure how they measure it. Afterwards its the VI which was similar to last year's and then the AC which I thought was decent but the case study element was quite difficult for some elements.
    Ah makes sense

Did you apply for VS?

Reactions: Deleted member 32324

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.