Status
Not open for further replies.

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Can't believe I'm writing this, but thrilled to share that I've accepted a TC offer at my dream firm after three years of applications. This community has been a huge source of comfort, support, and wisdom for me. A big shout out to @Jessica Booker - her brilliant mind and constant encouragement kept me going when I doubted my abilities as a career changer. Also wanted to thank @S87 @Abii @Alison C and @Raynz who became friends and incredible sources of support over the last year. If anyone on here needs a pep talk or some support, please don't hesitate to send me a DM. I'm here for you, just like many amazing people on this forum have been there for me. Thanks for everything friends!

View attachment 5219
    Incredible!!!!! I knew you'd do it!!!!

• Love
    Reactions: Adrian_S

IwantaVacSchemePlz

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 17, 2023
    Hi @Jessica Booker,

I am starting to prepare for the next application cycle, and I am writing out my work experience sections. I have had a few roles where I have worked over a year, is 200-250 words for those jobs too much when detailing roles and responsibilities? If so, what is a good number of words to aim for?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker,

I am starting to prepare for the next application cycle, and I am writing out my work experience sections. I have had a few roles where I have worked over a year, is 200-250 words for those jobs too much when detailing roles and responsibilities? If so, what is a good number of words to aim for?
    There isn’t really a set number just by length of role. It’s really about weighing up your responsibilities and impact on the role - for some roles that will mean using the full word count and for others it will will only using part of it, although I would say even for a role where less word count is needed, you probably still want to use 100-150 words.

hannah04

Legendary Member
    Jan 9, 2023
    Can't believe I'm writing this, but thrilled to share that I've accepted a TC offer at my dream firm after three years of applications. This community has been a huge source of comfort, support, and wisdom for me. A big shout out to @Jessica Booker - her brilliant mind and constant encouragement kept me going when I doubted my abilities as a career changer. Also wanted to thank @S87 @Abii @Alison C and @Raynz who became friends and incredible sources of support over the last year. If anyone on here needs a pep talk or some support, please don't hesitate to send me a DM. I'm here for you, just like many amazing people on this forum have been there for me. Thanks for everything friends!

View attachment 5219
    CONGRATS!!!!!!! You should be so proud!!!!

• Love

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020

View attachment 5219
    Congratulations you deserve it a lot after all of the challenges you have faced in the application process. You are an inspiration to lots of people in the forum. Go and celebrate now before you start your training contract.

• Love
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.