Travers Smith Interview

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
I was told when I submitted my app that I would hear back in mid-Feb, do you think there is any point emailing to ask about the status of my app as we're now reaching the end of February?

Reactions: gigi23

ELA

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 20, 2019
I was told when I submitted my app that I would hear back in mid-Feb, do you think there is any point emailing to ask about the status of my app as we're now reaching the end of February?
I was also told mid-February. My (limited) experience so far has been that firms get back to me later then they initially say. So I'm not worried as such. That's just me. Let me know what they say if you do email them :)

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
I was also told mid-February. My (limited) experience so far has been that firms get back to me later then they initially say. So I'm not worried as such. That's just me. Let me know what they say if you do email them :)
I'd also be interested to know the upshot of this if you decide to email.

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
I received this from TS today for those wondering at the delay (I hadn't emailed them or anything):

"We apologise for the delay in responding to your application but we are still interviewing for summer vacation schemes.
Due to the volume of applications, this process has taken longer than normal.
We hope to be able to provide you with an update of your application at the end of March. "

• ℹ️
Reactions: Jaysen and Helena

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
I received this from TS today for those wondering at the delay (I hadn't emailed them or anything):

"We apologise for the delay in responding to your application but we are still interviewing for summer vacation schemes.
Due to the volume of applications, this process has taken longer than normal.
We hope to be able to provide you with an update of your application at the end of March. "
That's good to hear thank you for sharing.

EC1993

Sep 8, 2018
I received 5 of these: "Further to your application for the summer scheme, we do apologise for the delay in responding.
However, due to the large number of applications, the process is taking longer than usual.
We hope to confirm the outcome of your application in the next couple of weeks."

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
I received 5 of these: "Further to your application for the summer scheme, we do apologise for the delay in responding.
However, due to the large number of applications, the process is taking longer than usual.
We hope to confirm the outcome of your application in the next couple of weeks."
Me too

• Haha
Reactions: EC1993

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.