Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Wow, that's almost four months now. Not great practice.

Have they been keeping you guys up to date on when you can expect to hear back?

S30

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2019
    Wow, that's almost four months now. Not great practice.

Have they been keeping you guys up to date on when you can expect to hear back?

I received an email from Grad Recruitment in the beginning of February stating they will let everyone know of an outcome by the end of February...

But I am aware they are still a bit behind on reading all applications and have not read all applications yet for their summer vacation scheme, so it’s an odd one!

• 🏆
    Reactions: JohnWest and JayB

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hmm that’s strange. Fair enough if they’re very busy but it’s good practice to keep candidates in the loop. I wonder if they’re having some kind of internal issue.

Reactions: S30

ELA

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 20, 2019
    Finally got email rejection from Travers Smith. The way it's phrased, I'm not sure the application was read. I guess it doesn't matter.

anf1811

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 6, 2018
    Yes I've just received the same email and get a similar feeling, most firms normally include something along the lines of "we review each application carefully" but nothing like that in their email, just sounds like they filled up without needing to read them all.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Also just received the same email. That's pretty poor from them if you ask me. Surely they would lose out on some good candidates if they don't even read all applications?

Naomi

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 14, 2018
    Received the same email. Honestly not very impressed with the way they’ve handled this application cycle? Doesn’t sound like they actually read these applications...

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.