Travers Smith Interview

Naomi

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2018
"Thank you for applying for our summer vacation scheme.

I am sorry to inform you that these schemes are now full. Due to the huge amount of applications we receive, I am sure you can appreciate we are not able to interview all candidates that apply.

We would, however, like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Travers Smith.

I wish you all the best for the future."

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Yep, it does seem like they filled up without reading through your applications. Strange because some of you applied in December.

Emily Collett

Oct 15, 2019
    I've just received my invitation to Travers Smith's winter vacation scheme interview, happening next week! Has anyone interviewed with them yet this year? This is my first ever interview (apart from a video interview) - I thought they'd tell me which partner my interview was with so I could prepare. I suppose they really mean it that you can't do anything to get ready!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I've just received my invitation to Travers Smith's winter vacation scheme interview, happening next week! Has anyone interviewed with them yet this year? This is my first ever interview (apart from a video interview) - I thought they'd tell me which partner my interview was with so I could prepare. I suppose they really mean it that you can't do anything to get ready!
    Firms tend not to tell you who the interview will be with because normally they don't know often until the day of the interview! With partners and lawyers being so busy, often people tend to swap in at a fairly late basis. No harm in asking though!

Reactions: Alice G

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    amazing! when did you apply?

Plum

Star Member
    Oct 30, 2019
    I had one in spring and they told me who mine was!

Oliver Gilliland

Distinguished Member
    Sep 6, 2018
    I have a friend who applied for a TC at the end of July and has received a few emails from grad rec stating that they are still considering applications, including one a few weeks back. Is anyone else in a similar position and still not heard back re. the last application cycle?

Reactions: W

SportsThoughts

Star Member
    Jun 4, 2019
    Hey Emily

Albeit not for the winter vac, I interviewed with Travers twice this year and in both instances they told me who my interviewers would be. It might be that they've updated their recruitment process on the back of the re-brand.

As to whether it benefited me to know who I'd be interviewing with I'm not sure. It was mainly a piece of mind thing as they didn't ask questions that were specific to their departments.

Give me a shout if I can be of any help!

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    They did end up telling me a few days ago who the interview would be with.

I had it today. I found it extremely challenging, but not in an ‘oh they’re really pushing me to my limits, this is great’ way. To anyone about to do one, I’d recommend that you brush up loads on commercial awareness!
    Did they say anything about when they start interviewing those that applied for the direct TC?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.