2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
does anyone have any tips for how to prepare for a partner interview? I have an Assessment Centre coming up and i'm stuck on how to approach strengths based questions, any tips would be appreciated
There isn't a huge amount you can prep for a strength based interview (that's partly why they use them). You can prepare (to some extent) for questions concerning areas you are trying to improve. You could make a list of your strengths and weaknesses, so that you can describe them when prompted (with examples, if necessary). Other than that, they'll mainly be trying to determine how you handle/cope in a particular situation. There usually isn't a right or wrong answer, it's more about determining what kind of trainee you would be.

Via20

Standard Member
Feb 2, 2021
I had mine yesterday, I personally felt I couldn't have really prepped for it! The interview is strength and career based so the questions can be a bit out there but the partners were so nice about repeating questions so don't be afraid to ask! Just also make sure you've researched the firm thoroughly and know why you want to work at Reed Smith in particular. The case study was actually okay, you have plenty of time to prepare and the interviewers do prompt you a little to lead you in the right direction, everyone was so friendly and encouraging so honestly don't feel too tense! I really hope you smash it!
Thank you!!! and good luck to you!! 😄

• Love
Reactions: GK8997

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Premium Member
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 1, 2020
I had a similar experience. I'm a second year non-law student and applied to their vac scheme because there were no requirements on their website regarding people in my situation. They rejected me on the basis that I'm not in the correct year and invited me to an open day instead. Since then they have given me no further information about the open day or replied to my emails.
WTF

Jony

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Oct 19, 2020
    Got this email from Cooley:

"Thank you again for your application to Cooley (UK) LLP. While we had hoped to be in touch with all applicants yesterday, we are still continuing to consider a number of applications and appreciate your patience as we do this.

We anticipate this process to be fully complete in the next few days and will contact all candidates by Wednesday 3 March at the very latest.

Thank you again for your interest in Cooley."

*chills in the maybe cooley-san-fran-beach-life pile*

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Got this email from Cooley:

"Thank you again for your application to Cooley (UK) LLP. While we had hoped to be in touch with all applicants yesterday, we are still continuing to consider a number of applications and appreciate your patience as we do this.

We anticipate this process to be fully complete in the next few days and will contact all candidates by Wednesday 3 March at the very latest.

Thank you again for your interest in Cooley."

*chills in the maybe cooley-san-fran-beach-life pile*
    Thank you for applying to Cooley (UK) LLP for our summer programme (2021) and period of recognised training (2023) and for your patience while we have been considering all applications thoroughly. Unfortunately, your application for these positions has been unsuccessful.

Due to the very high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to offer individual feedback to applicants regarding their forms. However we very much appreciate the time and effort you spent on your application and the interest you showed in the firm.

We would like to wish you every success in the future.

Warm regards,

This is what I received.

Reactions: gaqf
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.