2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    If I haven't received an invitation to do the WG yet for Baker McKenzie can I assume that I'm getting rejected?
    I wouldn't ever assume you are being rejected until the firm has actually spoken to you - I thought Taylor Wessing was sending me to the scrap heap as I hadn't heard from them in a month and then lo and behold, they emailed me saying I passed to the next stage. There are hundreds of applications they need to get through - no news is always good news as it means they are trudging through them. :)

Lumree

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Highest Rated Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I wouldn't ever assume you are being rejected until the firm has actually spoken to you - I thought Taylor Wessing was sending me to the scrap heap as I hadn't heard from them in a month and then lo and behold, they emailed me saying I passed to the next stage. There are hundreds of applications they need to get through - no news is always good news as it means they are trudging through them. :)

It’s coming up 8 weeks since I applied to TW. I wish I could hold onto the same optimism!

h1

Esteemed Member
    Oct 12, 2020
    Hi guys! I have a question about work history and placing it in the application (Bird & Bird application). I want to note the Open Day and other B&B events I attended (Sept-Nov 2020), so do I just put these first in the chronological 'work history' section? I can't find anywhere else for them. Thanks :)

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Hi guys! I have a question about work history and placing it in the application (Bird & Bird application). I want to note the Open Day and other B&B events I attended (Sept-Nov 2020), so do I just put these first in the chronological 'work history' section? I can't find anywhere else for them. Thanks :)
    I would group these events as one entry in the work experience section personally! Place it first if thats the most recent entry you have :)

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Has anyone else had an utter headache with Sidley Austin's formatting on the application? It keeps adding and deleting spaces between words on mine and it's driving me up the wall :confused:

Reactions: AspiringSol
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.