Another week done! We go again next week good luck 🤞🏽
Mel B Good Luck GIF by America's Got Talent

• Love
  • 🏆
Reactions: YJ, CF, cmaj and 10 others

Jessica444

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Gosh, I've been invited to the assessment centre for Pinsent Masons! This is my third thus far this cycle - last year I barely made it past the application stage.

Any advice from those who have previously done their AC would be massively welcomed!
Congratulations! Out of interest, what would you say you've done differently this year?

Reactions: S87

ellwilsen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2020
Does anyone know, if you add supplementary info to an application, will it then go to the bottom of the pile as if it was only sent on the day you added the extra info?

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Congratulations! Out of interest, what would you say you've done differently this year?
Last year I underestimated just how competitive the application stage is. I have lots of work experience (being a mature student) and strong academics, which I thought would get me to interviews. My application answers just weren't very persuasive of what I can offer or why I was wanting to work with the firms I was applying to.

So I don't have any groundbreaking advice. You just need to be really clear about what the firm you are applying to wants to see from you, and find a way of tailoring your experiences to show that you can bring those things to the table.

Also, I would definitely suggest having other people check over your application before you submit it. I have a couple of friends (just fellow students, not recruiters) who looked over mine and gave suggestions/feedback. That really helps!

21wajsz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 3, 2020
    Got two PFOs today and at this point, I'm just very grateful to have progressed into the test and interview stage especially with it being my first official application cycle! Although disappointing, it really provides me with crucial experience for the next (and hopefully last) application cycle! On that note, I was just wondering what are the plans (or were) for third-year international students who are desperately on that visa time crunch! Would love to hear about your experiences :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.